A French RPG that combines 3rd-person action with questing and crafting. It is really an indie game and tries to depict its large ambitions with quite limited means, leading to an uncanny feeling of discrepancy.
* Fun combat system once you get enough tools in your arsenal, a bit frustrating otherwise
* A good art direction for characters and enemies, but the decors are too linear and empty
* A cheap price for a reasonable amount of content
* The lack of polish is frustrating considering Mars: War Logs looks and play like an AA product rather than your standard indie game
* The story is blandly-executed; it tells too much and don’t show enough, which is disappointing considering the setting itself is interesting and bring back some memories of Fallout and Dune
The game falls short of its expectations, it is not bad but it feels cheap and the player may not be expecting that feeling. If you’re looking for a flawed but enjoyable 3rd-person action RPG, I’d rather recommend Alpha Protocol.
Posted: January 22nd, 2014