Requires the base game Train Simulator 2014 on Steam in order to play.
Buy Powerhaul Class 66
HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends January 2nd
Packages that include this game
About the GameThe Canadian-built Class 66 is a common sight across the UK’s freight network, and now the Powerhaul liveried ‘Shed’ is available for Train Simulator.
At the time of the British railway network’s privatisation in the mid-1990s, many freight locomotives were bought by newly formed private operators, including English, Welsh & Scottish Railways, who inherited an ageing fleet of Class 59 diesel locomotives. With freight operations an important commodity for EWS, the company approached General Motors in Canada for a new class of locomotive.
GM’s response was to offer a rebuilt Class 59, based on the same bodyshell but with an updated engine, traction motors and bogies. Such was their success that the model was ordered by several other freight operators, including Freightliner, GB Railfreight and Direct Rail Services.
The re-worked Class 66 for Train Simulator is available in Powerhaul livery and features an improved cab interior and new exterior, accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever, and accurate engine and horn sounds.
The locomotive is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the Powerhaul Class 66 V2.0 on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam. Also included are scenarios specifically for the route (available separately and required to play these scenarios).
Three scenarios for the Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich route:
- Powerhaul Introduction
- Freightliner to Stratford
- Powerhaul to Felixstowe South
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- Re-worked Class 66 in Powerhaul livery
- Improved cab interior
- New exterior
- Accurate brake control and centre-sprung brake lever
- Accurate engine and horn sounds
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich route
- Download size: 76mb
- OS: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 6 GB available space
- Sound Card: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Additional Notes: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.