Version 1.1.3 is live today! Here's the full changelog:
- New “Raid on the Refinery” Crazy King map
- “Zale’s Handbook,” new in-game player manual
- New accessories and “Steampipe” and “The Warrior” costumes in-store
- New “Crazy King” game mode, point capture with a moving point
- Steam Achievements integrated
- Map Vote - vote for your next match after each battle
- Level Weather: new effects for rain and frost
- Level Weather: wind and moving storms
- Indication of blocked players
- Add Back to Main Menu button in Loading Screen while waiting for connection
- King of the Flayed Hills is now Crazy King
- moving sandstorms added to Scrap on the Dunes
- Heavy Flak Changes:
-- Decreased rate of fire with increase in damage to maintain DPS
-- Reduced muzzle speed with increased shell life to maintain range (1020m)
-- Slight increase to drop
- Fixed some networking issues that could cause client state to not sync properly (causing various strange bugs with reload, fire, and repair state display).
- The “Light Quality” setting in Options now more aggressively controls cloud quality. Try reducing it if you have framerate drops when looking at large cloudbanks.
- Missing rock collider in Canyon Ambush now fixed
- Fixed issue with components on fire not colliding properly
- Fixed resolution settings being improperly applied
- Surrender button no longer in spectator mode
- Fixed extinguisher animation bug in avatar preview
- Corrected Lumberjack ironsights layout
- Fixed an error that caused "set X fires" achievement goals to complete too quickly
- Collector’s Edition costume pack has been expanded to include 6 costumes, one Ladies’ and one Gents’ for each class. Anyone who already has the CE or 4-pack will retroactively have the additional costumes automatically unlocked. If you have the CE and and have already purchased one of these new additions, then we'll give you your choice of another item of equal value. Just email us at email@example.com and let us know which item you’d like!
- The Facebook Like and Steam recommendation drive is still happening! Like us now or write a recommendation on Steam for a chance to win goodies.
Hey everybody! We’re doing a drive to reach 10,000 Facebook Likes and 2,000 Steam recommendations. We’d love your support in sharing Guns of Icarus with your friends and letting everyone know what you like about Guns of Icarus on Steam, and we’re not above bribing you!
Every time we hit a 1,000 Like milestone on Facebook we’ll give out a free costume to 10 random players, and every time we hit a 100 recommendation milestone on Steam we’ll give out 10 goggles or hair.
We’re really close to 7,000 Likes and that means we're really close to giving out 10 costumes to our players. Currently we’re at 1,113 Steam recommendations so if we get 87 more we’ll give out 10 goggles and hair.
When we hit our goal of 10,000 likes, one lucky person who has Liked our page since we started this event will receive 8 copies of the game to share with friends so they can be an admiral of their own fleet! If you've already Liked our page, invite your friends to Like Guns of Icarus Online and they might win a copy to share with you!
The sale is over and we’d like to thank everyone for supporting Guns of Icarus. Fun fact there are now 248 players sporting a top hat.
We also patched to squash a bug and fix the Lumberjack. There was a crash at start up bug that some players ran into that has been fixed.
To maintain the Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade’s effective at destroying balloons at close range, we’ve implemented something called arming time that has been added to the Lumberjack. The Lumberjack will only deal its direct hit damage (shatter) if it hits something before its arming time is reached. Once arming time has been reached, it will deal both is direct hit and AoE (flechette) damages and thus deal massive damage to the balloon.
Now for some math...
Since the Lumberjack has a 1.2s Arming Time and Projectile travel at 250m/s you get a 300m Arming Range. Within that 1.2s, or below 300m, the Lumberjack only deals its direct hit damage making it ineffective against balloons. Outside of the 300m arming range, the Lumberjack will deal its full potential of damage, both direct hit and AoE.
Arming Time will always be 1.2s on Lumberjack so if you use any projectile speed modifying ammunition, make sure you take that into account.
Update 1.1.2, the "Christmas Build," Release notes, enjoy! Servers should be back up in a few. Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!
- Free winter holiday costume items: “Goggles of Good Cheer” and “Jolly Old Salt”
- New gun: Lumberjack Heavy Mortar
- New map: Canyon Ambush
- Fallen Hero Cap (free item for original Guns of Icarus players)
- New costume items in the store (21 in all — 4 costumes, 7 goggles, and 10 hats)
- Earn free costume items by leveling up (Progress / Prizes)
- "Stats" page renamed to "Progress"
- New "Prizes" page
- Player rank displayed in match lobby and title on match scoreboard
- Click and drag to rotate your character in the Store and Role Customization
- Display time until your ship respawns during death cam
- Community Ambassadors and beta players now have a badge showing in stats
- Differentiated Use / Jump key bindings from Leave Gun, Leave Helm keys
- Speed of capturing points increases as more allies are at a capture point. Number of ships at capture point is also displayed.
- Resources earned on Resource Race increases as you capture more points
- Additional capture point added to King of Flayed Hills to a total of 5 captures points
- Tweaked sizes and positioning of captures points in King of Flayed Hills and Anglean Raiders due to tweaks in capture time and resources earned amount.
- Spawn point repositioning in Anglean Raiders and King of Flayed Hills due to capture point changes.
- Slight increase to Shatter damage on Artemis Light Rocket Launcher as well as slightly increased rate of fire.
- “Secret Hole” in Scrap on the Dunes has been plugged for good! If you didn’t know about it before, I’m sorry, but you’ve missed your chance to camp the hole.
- Networking: fixed a bug that could cause “ghost” copies of ships to be left behind after death
- Networking: fixed a bug that could cause the “death cam” transition to be skipped
- Performance: server-side networking and AI optimization to reduce frequency of slow-time incidents in large games on loaded servers
- Rendering: fixed some rare specular highlight artifacts
- Gameplay: Tar Barrel now spawns Smog Clouds further behind your ship as to not damage your own engines. Smog Cloud damage increased to 12 Shatter damage per second from 7.
- Gameplay : Spire ladder fixed, both while trying to grab onto the ladder, and getting stuck in the shaft while falling.
- Display: Time after ship death spent fading to and from black reduced, time spent orbiting in death cam increased
- Display: Dual-barrel muzzle flash appears on the correct barrel
- After customizing in Look, and then change gender, the items now reflect the gender change correctly
- Ship naming now has proper display
- Fixed unending wind effect after match
- Added hanging lanterns to the interior of the Spire, making it easier to navigate
- General ship polish and optimization
- General map polish and optimization
- Costume polish
- UI polish
- Display: Character name tags and models will sometimes persist in mid-air after ship death
- Display: Your character will try to play the Use Equipment animation when you switch to the scope on the helm.
- Display: You will see the third person scope mesh on the helm when you switch from a skill then back to the scope.
We’re holding a screenshot contest from now till <b>Monday December 17th</b> to see your best screenshots in these categories:
*3rd Person (Show us you doing your best at the helm, at the guns or keeping your ship from falling apart from a 3rd person perspective.)
*Spectator Mode (Be the guy on the sidelines that catches the best shots from the best matches.)
*Captain and Crew (Gives us a screenshot that shows off the captain and crew of your ship at their best.)
*Fjords (Show us your best screenshots set in the new map, Fjords.)
*Free-For-All (Show us your best screenshot of whatever suits your aviator fancy.)
- Award nomination: Game Connection Selected Project
- Charity update: Another $600 donated to NY Cares for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Fix friend list, both state and updates (it now updates in real time!)
- Match end freeze is resolved
- Ship-customization freeze is fixed
- Connecting players are shown in pre-match lobby views
- Prompts for voice chat in chat box
- Resolved a major memory leak
- New users now have one week to verify their email address.
- UI: more colors, highlighting yourself and blackening blocked players.
- UI: game list displays captain counts / slots
- “Death cam”: Camera orbits the site of last ship death while respawning
- Added display and filtering of server location to match list
- Added ability to select preferred location at match creation time
- Added pregame match chat
- Global lobby chat moved to Steam group chat
- Field Gun has a decreased turn speed, rate of fire, turn radius, as well as an increased reload time and slight drop. No changes to damage have been made.
- Rocket Launcher has an increased rate of fire.
- Squid has a major boost in top speed, from 37m/s to approximately 47m/s. This should bring back kiting back and make the Squid a viable support ship.
- Discrepancy between intended balance and database numbers found. Should mitigate Carronade issues
-- Squid should have had 850 armor instead of 700
-- Flechette modifier against armor should be 0.2 instead of 0.4
-- Light Carronade should have slightly slower rate of fire and slightly longer reload time
- Stats and achievements are no longer tracked in Sandbox.
- Achievements requiring you to do something to targets that are inside a cloud now can be progressed.
- Store purchase errors caused by Steam declining transactions are now displayed to users.
- UI: player information popup refreshes automatically on rank info update.
- UI: running matches now correctly display ship names / classes.
- AI: disconnected players will now be replaced by AI crew on ship death / respawn.
- Fire Extinguisher no longer rebuilds destroyed components.
- Fixed some performance problems (sudden framerate drops) with ship deaths
- Fixed an issue with Steam integration that could cause voice bugs and possibly crash very high-end machines.
- Certain routers are known to corrupt the game’s traffic, in particular the Linksys WRT54G line. We are working on a more permanent fix, but bypassing your router should work around the problem.
Hi everyone, in rough stormy circumstances, we weren't able to get to as many fixes and goodies as we would have liked, but in the spirit of helping with Sandy Relief, especially in light of the new storm, we're getting the special items in tonight. Help us to help those in need. The build goes live tonight, and here are the release notes:
- Added “Nightingale Cap” and “Dr. Schnabel Mask” items to the store. All proceeds from the sale of these items will be donated to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- Fixed a bug that would cause player input bindings to be reset
- Fixed a bug with switching tools while using the spyglass
- Fixed some client performance issues that could cause connection problems
- Removed (confusing and unused) player score values from match scoreboard
- Fixed instances of slow ship and slow time in matches
- Resolved an issue in which games would not start on EU instances
A note on known bugs:
We’re in the midst of testing and fixing a number of known issues, including the “freeze on match end” bug and improvements to general connection stability. Unfortunately, our ability to do this is still severely limited by the aftereffects of Hurricane Sandy: our office has had no internet or heat this week, so we’re all coordinating remotely. Since many of these fixes have potentially far-reaching and subtle effects, we also want to make sure they work properly and don’t break anything else; a forthcoming server patch will address them.