Buy Men of War: Vietnam
Buy Men of War: Vietnam - Special Edition
Packages that include this game
Buy Men of War: Collector Pack
Includes 11 items: Men of War™, Men of War: Red Tide, Men of War: Assault Squad, Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Alpha, Men of War: Assault Squad - Skirmish Pack, Men of War: Vietnam, Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition Upgrade Pack, Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Bravo, Men of War: Assault Squad - MP Supply Pack Charlie, Men of War: Assault Squad - Skirmish Pack 2, Men of War: Condemned Heroes
Downloadable Content For This Game
Men of War: Vietnam Special Edition includes full version of Men of War: Vietnam plus bonus maps and content that is not included in the original game.
Special Edition Exclusives:
- Play with (against!) your friends on three multiplayer maps where you must control victory locations to win.
- Adapt your tactics to strengths and weaknesses of different sides of the conflict while playing five thrilling single-player missions.
- NVA soldiers battle US Troops for control of a nameless sector near Cambodia border.
- Four survivors, passengers of a shot-down US helicopter, try to escape from Vietcong territory.
- Surrounded Vietcong soldiers make their last stand against the US Army onslaught in the ruined Catholic church converted into a makeshift weapons depot.
- Vietcong subversive group must infiltrate the area patrolled by ARVN and Green Berets using only knifes and silenced weapons.
- Commander of the NVA tank platoon decides to launch an all-out attack in a bold attempt to take out US Field HQ.
About the GameMen of War: Vietnam is a new game for the critically acclaimed series. The new, story-driven campaign lets you taste the explosive mix of the jungle, Hueys and rock-n-roll in 1968. The US campaign focuses on a team of elite special ops soldiers, and each one of them has a personality.
The unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machine-gunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops. The North Vietnam campaign tells the story of two Soviet military consultants and two soldiers of the North Vietnam Army who are the only survivors of an ambush prepared by the US troops. The task of getting back to the North Vietnam territory is a difficult one – they have no means of radio communication, no wheeled vehicles, and it’s too far to make it there on foot. On their way these survivors get involved in a chain of bloodbath engagements and find themselves in the dead center of the well-known Tet offensive.
Missions range from special operations (rescuing a shot-down pilot, escorting a reporter, etc.) to full scale battles.
- There are two sides in every story, so two new story-driven campaigns attempt to show the war from both sides.
- Breathtaking missions including an ambush on the Ho Chi Minh trail, a game of cat and mouse in the Mekong Delta, raids into Cambodia and Laos, bridge defense during the Tet offensive and more.
- New weapons and units: M-16, T-54, M-113, Patton III, M-60, AK-47, M-14, RPG-2, M-72 LAW, RPK and many more.
- Multiplayer mode – co-op for up to 4 players.
Men of War is affected by the GameSpy shutdown on the 31st of May. You can continue to play the game through LAN, DirectIP and GameRanger.
- OS: Windows XP(SP1), Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: P4 2.6GHz (Athlon 3000+)
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 3 GB free hard disk space
- Video Card: GeForce 6600 (Radeon 1950) 128Mb
- CD ROM: PC DVD-ROM
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz (Athlon X2 5000+)
- Memory: 2GB
- Video Card: GeForce FX 8800 (Radeon HD3850) 256Mb
© 2011 1С Company. All rights reserved. © 2011 This product contains software technology licensed by Best Way. All rights reserved.
More like this
11 of 13 people (85%) found this review helpful
1,268 products in account
21.2 hrs on record
A war adventure into the jungle that is magnified by the evocative setting. Unfortunately this new stand-alone expansion comes with graphical issues and lack of multiplayer changes. But the single player experience is good and the cooperative gameplay is a very nice add.
6 of 8 people (75%) found this review helpful
3 of 3 people (100%) found this review helpful
3 of 4 people (75%) found this review helpful
2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
9 products in account
4.1 hrs on record
It is another great game made by 1C...but the editor came too late, was lacking, and mods were no-where NEAR as easy to install as they were in previous games...I wish I had more good to say about this game, and I still reccomend it if people want a REALLY hardcore RTS game...even easy mode, isn't easy in this one.