STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Here is a more substantial update from the previous one:
- Added new song "Jungle Pigs" which makes for 4 songs including the pause theme.
- Added song shuffle when you play from a game over. There is still a juke box in the pause menu.
- Added dialog on the pick a pig screen for locked pigs to direct players as to how to unlock them.
- Added ability to visit gift screen from the pick a pig screen.
- Added a variety of visual characteristics to parrots.
- Modified "you need 50 coins" text to appear once at a time rather than letting it show up once with each press.
- Fixed blinking balloon during the character select.
- Fixed a window centering issue during the company logo when in windowed mode.
- Fixed purple parrots from turning blue as they fall.
- Fixed game over sending play to exit and exit to play when using a mouse. (woops)
- Fixed something that may have been an issue with defender movement speed in the competitive attack / defend.
- Added a switch in the settings to toggle between mouse movement + mouse jump and keyboard movement + mouse jump
- Fixed a variable that was off when it should have been on.
Yes its just that one thing. For anyone that uses touch screen, keyboard or controller exclusively, you will be unaffected.
While you're here... I should talk about the struggles and challenges getting this update out to you.
Once upon a time someone said he wanted to use mouse only controls while he takes a drink of something. You could always pause the game, but when you're in the zone you need to stay there and have your thirst quenched. With the intensity of Balloon Popping Pigs, people sweat profusely. This is all embellishment, I hear that's the key to good storytelling.
I tried my best to have precise only controls for both jumping and movement. You had to push your mouse a bit to ensure that you would move intentional.
Well there are the traditionalists that remember the good ole days when it was a mouse to jump and a keyboard to move. I also neglected the hardcore players who always wear a hydration helmet so they never have to take their hands off the controls. They wanted the precise - ivity of the keyboard and mouse.
Then like trying to decide cake or ice cream someone said "why not have both?"
In an attempt to make Balloon Popping Pigs accessible to everyone on all sorts of devices, this old control scheme was brought back into the furious action! Prepare to have your mind blown as with the flip of a switch in the settings you can go from one to the other without the struggle of having to update confusing .ini files.
Armed with my forging hammer I hopped back into the game smithery and restored the ancient control scheme to its former glory. Days of work flew by in minutes using the mighty hammer that was given to me by my ailing grandfather when he said... let the players play how they want!
The challenge was to update the settings menu as its getting full of options. Buttons for touch screen support, removing data, viewing credits and many others are all there. The game now features an overwhelming 42 icons sealed within its mighty 40 MB file.
With the update done, I quickly trudged up the mountaintop shrine to present the game to the mighty Steam where it was then bolted away from my grasp by lightning up into a cloud. It was gone and off to the world now where that massive cloud would rain down the goodness of another Balloon Popping Pigs update into your PCs.
The work was over once more... but for how long? Will there be more updates? How can more settings fit into a menu? When will there be new secret characters? Why have I written this long update? Where will you be when you next play Balloon Popping Pigs?
Only the future will be able to answer all these questions.
Have a great day, night or morning. Thanks for reading and thanks for playing!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.