STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
This is a small update that fixes focus issues when launching other applications while in Virtual Desktop. It also fixes a bug where the app would sometimes restart when exiting Steam VR.
- New fisheye projection for the video player with a customizable field of view (FOV) from 30 to 360 degrees.
- The video player now supports skipping forward and backward with the arrow keys.
- Fixed the low quality streaming option which stopped working recently.
- There is now an option under Windows Integration to control whether Virtual Desktop will use Injection to capture fullscreen games; turning ON the option can help the performance in some games but cause issues in others. The option is now available and turned OFF instead of ON by default.
- A new animated environment called Korben's Apartment 2263 inspired from The 5th Element has been added to the store.
- Lot's of cool and unique environments have also been added to the workshop recently, don't forget to check them out!
“These are the kinds of programs that change the way people look at technology. In this case, it’s a program that, for some people, might actually make virtual reality a enjoyable, even practical, replacement for their monitor.”
“It's an incredibly polished app that take minimal resources to provide a number of functions that feel like they should be a standardised part of the VR experience coming to consumer homes.”
“This is the first program you should buy for your Oculus Rift”
This version fixes some compatibility issues with the upcoming Oculus 1.7 runtime and contains stability improvements when swapping in and out of VR games such as Assetto Corsa. It also attempts to fix some stutter issues with the HTC Vive introduced in a recent SteamVR update.
This update adds support for animated environments. The Solar System is the first environment using the new functionality. The update also fixes an issue with the Video Player not showing some options on some computers. It also changes some default options: MSAA and Xbox Controller are now disabled by default.
This release fixes SBS support on ultra-wide (21:9) monitors and Over-Under on regular (4:3) monitors. It also fixes an issue where the GPU usage could spike when the application was idle with the Rift.
This update adds a couple requested features and basic support for various controllers.
This update adds more 3D viewing options, new MSAA settings and some minor fixes:
This update adds a new Environment Store along with small improvements and bug fixes:
This update adds Steam Workshop integration along with many improvements and bug fixes:
Virtual Desktop is now available to Play! The first time you launch it, you will be prompted with a key. This key lets you redeem the app on Oculus Home (if you have a Rift) through Settings -> Account -> Redeem Code.
If you encounter any issues, please let me know in the discussions section.
The Workshop integration is partially there: you can create and submit your own environments, users will be able to download them in a future update.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.