Hello everyone! I've uploaded an update for Vertical Drop Heroes, bringing it to version 1.0.3c. Here are the list of
changes in this version:
- MAJOR revamp to the multiplayer code: now supports Mac network multiplayer as well! I've migrated the netcode from TCP to a hybrid mix of UDP and TCP, so multiplayer games should be a lot smoother now. You can even play cross platform between PC and Macs!
- Fixed a few multiplayer bugs: water and tiles should update properly on the client now, and the camera should adjust correctly for the client at the end of each level.
- Bloodlust no longer reduces your health over time.
- Taking health potions in multiplayer no longer crashes the game if one of the players is dead.
I've just uploaded a minor update to Vertical Drop Heroes that should address some minor launch issues. It should download automatically via Steam and you will notice the version number has been updated. Here's a list of updates and changes:
- Fixed "block_health" crash in Network Play, it should be either eliminated or greatly reduced now.
- Added support for directional pad control on controllers, in addition to the current analogue stick
- For Split-screen/Network play, fixed the Death Box to show the correct message when only one player is dead.
- Nerfed Shadow Squids: they should now only fire the annoying homing missiles after they have been injured for any reason.
- Buffed Omnislash: you no longer take damage when Omnislash is active.
- Reduced the damage of spikes in New Game Plus and after completing the game.
EDIT: - Added dpad support for menus
- Fixed autoattack off disabling ally/skeleton attacks
- Maximum one red dragon for each player... no more red dragon screen spam.
Thanks for the feedback and support so far, keep them coming! I will continue working on any bug reports and include them in a future major update.
“If you're looking for a fun and slightly different type of RPG that you can easily play in spurts, definitely give this one a go.”
95/100 – GamingNexus
“It is perfect for gamers who are into roguelike games and who also like platformers and RPGs. And of course, fans of Nerdook would certainly appreciate and enjoy this updated classic.”
8/10 – ThatVideoGameBlog
“Dropping random heroes through strange 2D worlds until they meet their untimely, permanent deaths has never felt so exhilarating… Fun gameplay, lots of reasons to replay, great value!”
8/10 – GamesInAsia
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.