Developed by the Polish Studio 'Silden', Manhunter (or Sniper: The Manhunter) is a run 'n gun FPS game that I feel is misplaced on the PC platform. If this were something that I played on a tablet, I feel it would be a passable game! With the limited power of Ipads (or god forbid, a Blackberry Playbook) I might even go so far as to say the game looks pretty decent and is an overall good package... BUT I'm not reviewing a tablet FPS game, this is a PC FPS game and whats here is an extremely repetitive, poorly optimized, uninspired mess of a game.
- Presentation: Graphically, I've seen worse. If you look at the screenshots you might catch yourself thinking it doesn't look half bad. That is because you haven't seen the game in motion. I admit, my 3 year old PC is far from a beast but I can still run Battlefield 4 on High at 50fps, meanwhile the FAR LESS graphically intensive Manhunter here struggles to stay at a consistent 30fps and has enough head bobbing to simutaniously give me a headache and motion sickness.
- Animations: There is barely any. When switching weapons blink in and out and all making the same noise as the reload sound. Enemies/NPCs don't even have walking animations, everybody just jogs everywhere in the same fashion and sometimes in sync. Speaking of in sync, the grass that is scattered everywhere all move in a counter clockwise motion in complete syncronization and it looks REALLY WEIRD.
- Sound: Weapons sound weak, they all sound exactly the same when reloading. The 'Combat Music' is not mixed at all; it hard cuts in, it hard cuts out. It even hard cut loops back to the beginning of the 12 second track if you stay in danger long enough. There 3 total "Combat Music" tracks , they suck, and you will hear them over and over, and over again. I eventually just turned on the Syphon Filter Omega Strain OST and continued playing, it was leaps and bounds better than the crap they had here.
- Content: As far as I have seen, there is an abysmal 7 total weapons in the game (and thats including the knife, and grenades). You will be using the SMG, AK-47, and the sniper rifle for 98% of the game. There are some bits where you will use the .50 Barrett Rifle to take out a vehicle. There are 5 Chapters in the story, and 14 levels that fill out those chapters. It will likely take anyone, at maximum, a mere 2 hrs to completely get through the whole game. TWO. HOURS. MAXIMUM. There is no co-op or competitive multiplayer.
- Story: There is literally no story here, just contract missions. Only two of the five chapters are connected in any way, and even then the resolution of that is unknown.
- OVERALL: Manhunter is just a waste of time. It doesn't have anything good to show you, listen to, and no story to be had. I can't even recommend it as a 'so bad it's good' kind of game because there are worse games that try harder, cheaper, and most of all have some kind of a soul to them.
Should ANYONE at all get curious in this game, wait until the price is $1.25 or lower to buy it.