Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
September 30-th, Tuesday
I Shall Remain' forth update is here. This time the setting changes, we move to late Autumn with four new weather presets and we enter Jersey rural area. Two new maps (the Newport Shelter and Jersey Safe) have been added (a total of 19 playable currently), country side theme is complete, special quest-like quick events are in as well. We can now rest on beds in Safes, Infected resistance to weapons has been temporarily removed (we want people to let us know how does it feel without it) and there are options to restart the game after you died (either on the last house you've been in, at the start of the map or at the last Safe you visited).
A lot of improvements and additions made their way into the update as well.
Thanks again everybody for your participation, bug detection and suggestions, everything makes a difference.
September update changes
- Newport shelter map is in (contains the Jersey Christ hospital as well)
- Jersey Safe map is in
- Country side graphics theme finalized (roads, grass, fences, houses, interior props (rugs, wooden lockers, beds), barns, specific outside props, windmill, other buildings)
- One original score
- Special quest-like quick event implemented (added a few in the early scenes, will add more in the next updates)
- Rest options available in Safe locations (can use beds to rest for as many hours as needed)
- Work on balancing the infected stats to keep up with squad abilities at higher levels
- Improved mines visibility (we can now see their glow even without direct fow)
- We can recruit teammates via button without having to discuss with them
- Explode upon death for crawler is in, teammates will get away from it when needed)
- Late autumn season and weather presets added (late autumn rain, rain and snow, clear late autumn, light snow)
- Increase damage for melee weapons.
- Boss fight music plays in defend the area missions as well
- Melee weapons are more durable.
- Adjusted "Tenaru River" doctrine.
- Restart the game after you died options added (at scene start, last building, last Safe scene)
- All recently added mutations have a chance to get chosen when an infected is created (leaders and bosses)
- Raindrop size increased in all rain effects
- Sepia percent starts at 20% now (can't be less than that)
- Added checkpoints in all buildings in Safes
- Adjusted experience modifier to 130 in each scene.
- Experience gained fighting with any of the weapons is similar now (there were some significat differences in the past regarding the weapon used)
- Slightly different wind conditions for each tree type
- Do not affect scavenge chance by game difficulty.
- Units life amount adjusted (units are harder to kill now, especically leaders and bosses)
- Land mine flickers when we press the alt button
- Season change at the end of the Train Station scene
- Ram mutation added for Buster, not active yet
- Getting close to an NPC or Teammate now will show their image and interaction information at the top of the screen
- Npc and teammate icons size increased on map/minimap
- Rewards for selected quest are shown in UI using Icons now (way easier than reading about them in the quest text)
- The tank has animation when shooting now
- Monster resistances are temporary removed from the game (this is a feature that seems to be generating frustration more than anything else)
- Modified Thomas' ability to give to 10% armor to the squad.
- When close to a locker or a bed we are shown that we can interact with them
- Debt experience cannot exceed 25% from you current experience
- Every skill/attribute has an icon now shown in their information window
- Fixed "learning lots of doctrines will make the game crash" bug.
- Fixed "some zones doesn't appear on subway map" issue.
- Fixed some issues regarding journal title not being shown correctly.
- Fixed "Quick quest button is always disabled" issue
- Fixed endless respawning of infection kit item in Central park map
- More info in item tooltip.
- Adjust triggered doctrines text.
- Limit the serum NPCs can receive to 500
- Fixed the nazi leader level in Bellevue Hospital.
- Fixed "when using infection kit also consumes serum" issue.
- Fixed "infection kit spawn item spawns every 2 minutes (the value is -1) in cp1" issue.
- Fixed "pressing I while in an NPC dialog will open the trade window even if the selected NPC is no trader" issue.
- Fixed "resolving Andrea's first quest doesn't hide the dialog lines" issue.
- Fixed "dead Christopher discussion doesn't have image and background" issue.
- Fixed "show infected UI when hit by non squad teammates
- Fixed "Thomas Harris dialog line is not the correct one" issue.
- Small fix to the key location in the first story scene (so people can easily understand where to go)
- Fixed the issue with the tank machine gun not hitting (broken in 0.8.3, related with the turret pivot)
- Fixed uncleared defend area UI when changing scenes.
- Fixed missing wall in Beth-Israel sewer scene (made the teammates get out of the walking area)
- Fixed "Stuck in background" issue, a poorly physical collision for a car in Train Station scene
- Fixed "Not being able to pickup items in the church" issue
- Other adjustments and small fixes
August 28-th, Thursday
I Shall Remain' third update comes a bit early this month, and brings a lot of new features, updates and adjustments. Starting with 2 new maps, three new graphical themes, teammate abilities and commands, five new infected mutations and tons of improvements and fixes. A lot of customer suggestions/detected issues found their way in this update as well.
Thanks again everybody for your participation, bug detection and suggestions, everything makes a difference.
August update changes
- Holland Tunnel scene
- Holland Tunnel Train Yard scene
- Story and maps related content added
- Train yard, country side, river docks graphical themes added
- New Sherman tank added, old Panzer tank visual updated
- 2 new music scores added
- Jim Beret teammate is in (cannot recruit for now till next update)
- All other scenes improved/updated, visibility/collision issues fixed
- Sepia filter adjustment
- Teammate special abilities added (not final, some of them might change in the next updates)
-- Andrea: Medic (automatically heals anyone in the team when needed), Helping hand (automatically revives fallen teammates)
-- Tommy: Flashlight (he is using a flashlight same as you do but needs no battery), Cartographer (Reveal the current map and all details about it on request)
-- Patrick: Eagle eye (sees 2 times farther on minimap), Killer instinct ( Instant kill chance increased by 2% for everyone in the team)
-- Cathy: Merchant (All your trading actions get a 25% bonus), Teacher ( Everybody in the team gains 10% more experience from actions)
-- Thomas: Divine intervention (Resistances for all Infected reduced by 15%), Slayer (All elite Infected get 50% more damage))
- Teammate commands updated
-- Engage (Freely engage enemies in a large area around the main character)
-- Hold (Hold current location until another command is given)
-- Regroup (Follow closely and attack in a small area around the main character)
-- Move to position (Move to the specified location and hold it until another command is given)
-- Dismiss (The teammate will not be part of your team anymore)
-- Talk (Start or follow up on discussions))
- Teammate command UI added (shows while paused). Using SHIFT key when selecting a command will apply to the entire squad
- Add teammate's info on world map (from now on you can see in which visited map there are teammates to hire)
- Added AI logic for evading mines and grenades for teammates
- Squad limit condition added, based on the Leadership skill and its doctrines you could increase the limit further
- Implement level-up doctrines for teammates (the teammates will learn the level up doctrines the same way you do when your level increases)
- Add "enforce melee weapon using scraps" option similar with "enhance ammo" for ranged weapons option
- Locker added to each safe scene (one in the church, the other in Andrea and Dr Andre Gratia building)
- Infected mutations added
-- LegKick for Mantis (from time to time Mantis will give you a powerful leg kick hit)
-- Explode for Zombie Crawler (will explode on death based on the mutation parameters, not yet active)
-- Wrath of Gunner for Marauder Gunner (will shoot straight up and after a small time period projectile will plummet towards the target)
-- Shoot over obstacles (they can shoot over smaller obstacles, same as teammates and main character does)
-- Unstoppable (they won't be easily stopped when hit like they normally do))
- Fighting boss music logic added, it will automatically run a BossFight melody when you fight a boss and switch back after you kill it
- Get quests button added (we can get quests now without passing through the discussion dialogs at all). Note that using this button will pass over dialog discussions' information and some rewards
- Sound volumes allow us now to gradually run a sound when getting close to their center (sea and seagulls sound when getting close to the water)
- 'After rain' weather preset changed to have sun light small rain at the same time
- Add help image for tank so we get more information what we can do while in the tank
- Removed restriction lantern upgrades apply to main character only
- Fire over time chance used everywhere now (on mine/grenade fire overtime as well), Fire over time can only attach once to an enemy now (this made the flamethrower too powerful in the past)
- Teammate lantern stays always on if we are in the sewer, subway or the tunnel
- By default when a weapon is created the cross-hair is not shown (they will only get shown when the weapon is equipped and get hidden when unequipped)
- Fix "flashlight doctrine doesn't always apply to teammates" issue
- Fix "flicker skill rectangle for Survival doesn't work, when a teammate has doctrines to learn/upgrade in that skill" issue.
- Fix "add weapon bonus by an trader is free" issue.
- Fix for crash when there were fire attached effects in the scene and we exited
- No effects are created at start-up now (we created one of each effect type, there were almost 200 effect types which increased the loading time and also the memory used a bit, they will just get created on demand now)
- Small fix to serializable interface which made the game crash in certain circumstances
- We can now user Space and Enter to confirm an option in Inventory, Character and Doctrines windows and Escape to cancel an option.
- Several actions (blood serum conversion, trade, scavenge, read books) are now giving experience to entire squad
- Fixed issues with particle systems in the last 2 updated scenes where particles would update even if they weren't in view (this should improve the performance a bit)
- Flamethrower can't hit units behind walls from now on (they did and it wasn't fair since no other weapon did that)
- You cannot reload weapon while you revive your teammate
- Updated the "?" and "map" buttons in world map UI
- When main character inventory is full add items to teammates inventories.
- Now NPCs get their scale/orientation from the spawner who creates them (this way we can have a predefined orientation/scale for all NPCs)
- Adjusted the Infection hint timing when you start the story (the fade in will finish and then we will show the hint)
- Fix "show enhance ammo results is wrong for equipped weapons" issue.
- Add extra info in infection tool tip.
- Fix "second rank for 'Flying knife hands' unarmed doctrine is ongoing not instant" issue.
- Adjust redefine keys and UI (added "reload", moved "action" and removed selection teammates keys)
- Adjusted dialog lines for all teammates when squad size limit is reached (now if you can't get the teammate because of this limit a new dialog line will appear which you will choose to finish the conversation and don't hire him)
- Fixed the issue with the weapon cross-hair not updating when the weapon range is too large. Now the weapon cross-hair is limited to 97.5% of the screen and won't ever pass this limit
- Add logic to save/load squad levels for teammates, save/load auto-heal, auto-revive values.
- Add special function for area attack.
- Fix "doctrines doesn't always apply to teammates" issue.
- Fix "teammates bonuses doesn't apply" issue.
- Main character leadership skill gains experience when teammates skill level up in addition to level up an attribute
- Quest locations and quest zones are shown on world map when we change current quest (no need to go run-time for that).
- Tommy 'Reveal map ability' works now without the need to go run-time.
- Left and Right arrows works now in Character and Doctrines window as well
- Navigate using right/left arrow keys in Journal window.
- Sound volume triggers are triggered on scene initialization now
- Teammates skills/doctrines advancement revised.
- Do not adjust teammate level once we dismiss it (until we leave the scene)
- The siren sound stops when we finish the defend the area task now
First of all, thank you for showing interest in I Shall Remain. Don't hesitate to get involved and support the development if the game sparks your interest. Moreover, by choosing to support I Shall Remain in Early Access, you give us the chance to make it the game you want it to be.
Thank you and welcome to I Shall Remain!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.