Note: This Early Access game may or may not change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development. Learn more
A week passed since our last update and a brand new HotFix is in. We smashed a few bugs and fixed some issues but generally we adjusted and improved upon the overall I Shall Remain experience.
Quick quest-like events are in all maps now (they have a chance to appear so one play-though might not show all of them), slow motion effects are in (just for fun, no game-play effect), a new boss has been added to the Newport shelter map (Vilebyrd), secondary attacks for Infected are now taken into consideration, late autumn effects improved as well. Many more other fixes and updates have made it through.
Thanks you for your valuable feedback, everything makes a difference.
*********** 0.8.4.1 hot fix *************
- Quick events added in all scenes
- Quick quest-like event added in prologue now along with the instruction tip text
- VileByrd boss added in Newport Shelter map
- Slow motion effects manager implemented (parameter in ishallremain.ini, slomo = [setting] where setting is one of the following)
- 0 - no slomo
- 1 - lowest (player dead and bosses, pause between slomo = 30secs)
- 2 - low ( lowest + instant kill, pause between slomo = 30secs)
- 3 - medium (low + leaders, pause between slomo = 30secs) - DEFAULT
- 4 - high (medium + grenade/mine explosion and last zombie in view, pause between slomo = 15secs)
- 5 - highest (high + any killed zombie, pause between slomo = 5secs)
- Secondary attacks for Infected are now taken into consideration (there was a bug which made them not available for elite or bosses)
- Fixed crash which happened in lateAutumn when we were getting out of a subway/tunnel/sewer scene
- Leg hit is half chance now
- Grenade thrown inside buildings will fly lower so it doesn't hit the ceiling (the initial trajectory kept for when we throw the grenade outside buildings)
- Fixed the issue with Marauder and Bazzoka projectiles going through walls
- Pajota pistol improved (damage dealt as well as optimal range)
- Removed some trees that were out of the map in Holland Tunnel Train Yard scene
- LightSnow has bigger snowflakes now
- Fixed a crash with secondary attack
- Goto flag sticks to the ground now
- The burning Player resets now correctly after he restarts the game
- Late autumn has a half rain to snow tiredness influence
- All scene interiors improved using newer models
- Story starts at 6 o'clock (started at 7:00)
- We show only relevant UI elements in quick event UI now (depending on the event type)
- Logic to have adjustable wind (for grass and trees - not active yet)
- Late autumn rain effect is richer now
- Grenade/mine trail seen over the grass
- Sound volumes also get influenced by the slow motion effects
- Change quick event's progress bar color.
- Added Sleep hint logic.
- Fixed "icons on world map remains visible after changing profiles or start a new game" issue.
- Show time tooltip for quick events (how much untill it ends)
- Boss music ends only after all bosses in the scene are dead (it worked correctly with only one boss but not many at the same time)
- Arrow on the map rotates to follow the camera rotation (not the Player's one)
- Evading grenades for teammates is in again (it was removed by testing and never reactivated by mistake)
- Some fixes regarding squad limit and dialog text interaction.
- Adjust Cathy dialog text.
- Adjustments and fixes to most of the scenes
September 30-th, Tuesday
I Shall Remain' forth update is here. This time the setting changes, we move to late Autumn with four new weather presets and we enter Jersey rural area. Two new maps (the Newport Shelter and Jersey Safe) have been added (a total of 19 playable currently), country side theme is complete, special quest-like quick events are in as well. We can now rest on beds in Safes, Infected resistance to weapons has been temporarily removed (we want people to let us know how does it feel without it) and there are options to restart the game after you died (either on the last house you've been in, at the start of the map or at the last Safe you visited).
A lot of improvements and additions made their way into the update as well.
Thanks again everybody for your participation, bug detection and suggestions, everything makes a difference.
September update changes
- Newport shelter map is in (contains the Jersey Christ hospital as well)
- Jersey Safe map is in
- Country side graphics theme finalized (roads, grass, fences, houses, interior props (rugs, wooden lockers, beds), barns, specific outside props, windmill, other buildings)
- One original score
- Special quest-like quick event implemented (added a few in the early scenes, will add more in the next updates)
- Rest options available in Safe locations (can use beds to rest for as many hours as needed)
- Work on balancing the infected stats to keep up with squad abilities at higher levels
- Improved mines visibility (we can now see their glow even without direct fow)
- We can recruit teammates via button without having to discuss with them
- Explode upon death for crawler is in, teammates will get away from it when needed)
- Late autumn season and weather presets added (late autumn rain, rain and snow, clear late autumn, light snow)
- Increase damage for melee weapons.
- Boss fight music plays in defend the area missions as well
- Melee weapons are more durable.
- Adjusted "Tenaru River" doctrine.
- Restart the game after you died options added (at scene start, last building, last Safe scene)
- All recently added mutations have a chance to get chosen when an infected is created (leaders and bosses)
- Raindrop size increased in all rain effects
- Sepia percent starts at 20% now (can't be less than that)
- Added checkpoints in all buildings in Safes
- Adjusted experience modifier to 130 in each scene.
- Experience gained fighting with any of the weapons is similar now (there were some significat differences in the past regarding the weapon used)
- Slightly different wind conditions for each tree type
- Do not affect scavenge chance by game difficulty.
- Units life amount adjusted (units are harder to kill now, especically leaders and bosses)
- Land mine flickers when we press the alt button
- Season change at the end of the Train Station scene
- Ram mutation added for Buster, not active yet
- Getting close to an NPC or Teammate now will show their image and interaction information at the top of the screen
- Npc and teammate icons size increased on map/minimap
- Rewards for selected quest are shown in UI using Icons now (way easier than reading about them in the quest text)
- The tank has animation when shooting now
- Monster resistances are temporary removed from the game (this is a feature that seems to be generating frustration more than anything else)
- Modified Thomas' ability to give to 10% armor to the squad.
- When close to a locker or a bed we are shown that we can interact with them
- Debt experience cannot exceed 25% from you current experience
- Every skill/attribute has an icon now shown in their information window
- Fixed "learning lots of doctrines will make the game crash" bug.
- Fixed "some zones doesn't appear on subway map" issue.
- Fixed some issues regarding journal title not being shown correctly.
- Fixed "Quick quest button is always disabled" issue
- Fixed endless respawning of infection kit item in Central park map
- More info in item tooltip.
- Adjust triggered doctrines text.
- Limit the serum NPCs can receive to 500
- Fixed the nazi leader level in Bellevue Hospital.
- Fixed "when using infection kit also consumes serum" issue.
- Fixed "infection kit spawn item spawns every 2 minutes (the value is -1) in cp1" issue.
- Fixed "pressing I while in an NPC dialog will open the trade window even if the selected NPC is no trader" issue.
- Fixed "resolving Andrea's first quest doesn't hide the dialog lines" issue.
- Fixed "dead Christopher discussion doesn't have image and background" issue.
- Fixed "show infected UI when hit by non squad teammates
- Fixed "Thomas Harris dialog line is not the correct one" issue.
- Small fix to the key location in the first story scene (so people can easily understand where to go)
- Fixed the issue with the tank machine gun not hitting (broken in 0.8.3, related with the turret pivot)
- Fixed uncleared defend area UI when changing scenes.
- Fixed missing wall in Beth-Israel sewer scene (made the teammates get out of the walking area)
- Fixed "Stuck in background" issue, a poorly physical collision for a car in Train Station scene
- Fixed "Not being able to pickup items in the church" issue
- Other adjustments and small fixes
First of all, thank you for showing interest in I Shall Remain. Don't hesitate to get involved and support the development if the game sparks your interest. Moreover, by choosing to support I Shall Remain in Early Access, you give us the chance to make it the game you want it to be.
Thank you and welcome to I Shall Remain!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.