Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Our seventh update is here. Since this is the last release of I Shall remain in Alpha stage, the update focuses on bringing new content in. Four new maps, complete achievements list, new weapons and improved textures are the things that make up the release.
At the end of next month I Shall Remain reaches Beta state and everything there on will mostly focus on polishing features/functionality and fixes (and probably adding a few more things here and there)
There are two important changes to the way we interact with the game which are worth mentioning first:
- By default we pickup items with the F key (you can still set it the way you like it but the old setup didn't work correctly with the fixed camera controller)
- By default we toggle flashlight with the C key now
Changes in this release:
- 60 Steam achivements added
- 4 more maps (Bayonne Streets, Bayonne Safe, Bayonne Bridge and Bayonne Tunnel)
- Main story and content to go with the added maps
- Lots of textures updates and improvements for better quality
- New weapon types for unarmed (Spike Knuckles, Brass Knuckles, Katar, Claws, Spiked Bracer)
- New unique weapons (Fist of Kowlaq - spiked knuckes, Gordon - pipe, Nightshade - flamethrower)
- Sewer texturing redone, it looks a lot more crisp now
- Translations updated for tips, subtitles, journal and storyboard
- Added backpacks (they are only available if certain doctrines are learned)
- Spawners are now starting to respawn Infected in 12-24 game hrs interval
- Fixed an issue added in the last update with mutations being reseted first time you exit the game (this made the game easier), now it resets correctly only when we start a new game
- Some older maps adjusted and optimized
- Flyby text updates in Pause Mode as well now and will position correctly if the camera is panning
- Change the conditions for some achievements to be recorded to Steam (will take into account old progress as well)
- Health and stamina are shown in Character window as int now
- Maximum armor for squad members and infected is set to 75%.
- Antidote item type added
- Fix issue regarding missing Chain book quest.
- Added color decals to trains to make them look better
- Added coloured debris
- Fix for teammates to tell you when they dont have a weapon equipped
- Fix for bosses not following the player when off-screen
- Freddy & Martha bosses added
- CJ second ability only needs 2 level in squad to be active (from 3)
- Added Hunterlag quick event
- When we load a new scene a black screen should hide the loading process
- Flares and grenades don't interact with the characters in the scene anymore
- Flares show all the time correctly above the ground
- Fix some issues regarding disabling lines in text dialog window.
- If you have your flashlight on at night infected will see you from afar (25% more for now)
- Lisard was set to spawn after 8 game hrs since it already spawned, fixed
- Tank UI will hide correctly if you were killed while in the tank
- Use enemy level in blood-serum conversion.
- Add Renan quick event.
- Make "Get available quests" option available for goon units also.
- Add advanced skills option to trainers (we can now advance our doctrines all the way with the traders that are in the game already)
- New car bus material added
- Fix some issues that made the respawn logic not working
- Whenever you increase weapon level, your weapon's maximum durability it's decreased
- Do not show critical hit info icon
- Add new Vilebyrd quick event
- Fixed an issue with the prologue scene where AI cannot enter buildings
- Fixed "sell-buyback price difference" issue
- Small changes to the serum tooltip and the new game version
- When player dies and infection is 100% the only option available is to start from the last safe with 90% infection.
- Fixed "cannon shoot frequency is too high" issue.
- Added info regarding, quests, traders and trainers in world map.
- Fixed the issue with showing the selected tank material when we enter it
- Fixed the issue with the tank shooting (left and right mouse buttons now are hard coded)
- Restored the projectile trajectory of bullets for all weapons (there are some issues with the bullets hitting in weird directions)
- Camera shake when shooting is optional now in ishallremain.ini
- Fixed starting percent for some of the mutations
- Revive text hint added
- Add hint for reviving teammates in prologue.
- Svavenge tip moved closer to the start of the prologue (so you can learn about scavenging earlier on)
- Added the possibility to get unarmed weapons as loot.
- Units which shouldn't use osmosis don't use it now, only leaders from units who should use it do
- Use enter/exit location events for spawn monster actors also (for quick events).
- Adjust certain quick events to use spawn monster at location
- Check for items in all squad inventories when needed as quest condition.
- Add new doctrine effect: ammo to scraps chance.
- Add new weapon bonus: increase magazine size.
- Gain experience in Medical skill when using serum to contain the infection.
- In case of bosses Instant kill will do a lot of damage (five times the critical hit damage, didn't do any damage in the past)
- Mark in doctrine tooltip that the best value of that doctrine among the squad members will be use.
- Fixed Infants quick event.
- Add new weapon bonus: Stamina consumption.
- Show/Hide top panel in pause mode to help with teammates UI on lower resolutions.
- Fix for letters about the nazis in ellis island
- Fix for the door in ellis island which cannot be broken with melee weapons
- Many other small adjustments/fixes
Because of the appreciation our game soundtrack has been receiving, we decided to make it publicly available to everyone, regardless of whether they own the game or not.
Let us know if you like it.
First of all, thank you for showing interest in I Shall Remain. Don't hesitate to get involved and support the development if the game sparks your interest. Moreover, by choosing to support I Shall Remain in Early Access, you give us the chance to make it the game you want it to be.
Thank you and welcome to I Shall Remain!
Because of the appreciation our game soundtrack has been receiving, we decided to make it public. Enjoy!
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.