"Is this going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another bug hunt?” so asked the wonderfully craven PFC Hudson in Aliens. And so we ask the same… and the answer is that this update is really just one hell of a bug fixing update. Read on to find out why you need to be playing this right now!
So busy! No time! Just facts!
We’ve been hard at work on our beloved Tango for the past couple of weeks, and here are the results, but there is one other thing… we’ve started investigating some more serious/regular/scheduled Twitch streaming too, so you may as well go over and favourite us there, so you don’t miss out :D
Spilt Milk Studios on Twitch
Like I said - no time, just facts! Here are the facts! Mostly tweaks, polish and some significant updates to the online code for more stability. Sadly we’ve still not been able to reproduce the crash bug a lot of new players are experiencing, but as soon as we do we’ll shift all our efforts into fixing that. We’ve got people trying to replicate it all day long, but we’re just hitting a bit of a wall.
- New Killionaire Boss Music
- Added MetaSettings class, all game settings (version, etc) will be moved into this gradually
- Added lots more detail (and girders) to Killionaire rooms
- LOTS of rooms with cobwebs now, LOTS of cobwebs, in Ghoul Squad
- Explosive tiles (barrels, cars and objectives, mostly) now award points to the person who caused the explosion, giving them the points. Better combos as a result!
- Added more cooldown to melee attacks so people can't spam it as much
- Reduced melee damage so it's just slightly less useful against bosses
- Bionic Cop has a slower more powerful melee than everyone else
- Chainsaw badguys slowed down.
- Flares removed from boss fights
- Correct smoke usage now for indoor/outdoor areans
- Improved mission results removal for online
- Updates to Text input for game name and password
- basic chainsaw enemies don’t run quite as fast in Killionaire
- All heroes now melee slower (around 0.3 second cooldown)
- All heroes now melee for less damage. Think 2-3 hit kills rather than 1 hit kills
- Bionic Cop’s melee is even slower, but more powerful than every other hero.
- Updates to networking regards player selection, dropping in and out etc.
- Boss feet fix, they no longer walk through walls. Have now updated all boss prefabs with feet
- Fixed enemy reviving in Ghost Squad level 3. Revenants now obey the enemy cap.
- Fixed issue with level selection. Now you can left mouse click to change selection!
- GameDirector now removes any bosses leftover in between worlds.
- Prevented Labels spamming errors if steam didn't load correctly
- If steam didn't initialise correctly, a prompt appears and then closes the game.
- During lobby creation, text entry fields reset to their original text if a blank field is entered
- Fixed bug where going into a multiplayer game would break the player’s ability to start a non-online game
- Extended viewing area in Prop Editor. More for us than you, sorry :D
- Fixed issue with not being able to enter a game name if you clicked 'host game' while editing a text field for hosting
- Start button (Online) now reads correct
- Settings labels in the lobby are now correct size.
- Fix for when the host leaves character select, the users don't quit too
- Fix for when player hosts a game, enters character select or gameplay, and then exits and re-hosts… clients are now able to join and the host (correctly) thinks they’re new clients.
- Fixed an issue where P2P didn’t reconnect
- Fixed mission results triggering
- Fixes to dropping out in gameplay when all players are dead
- Potential fix to the camera scroller not working for clients on second played level onwards.
- Fix to objectives not registering correctly (online)
- Fixed pickup locations on clients (online)
- Enemy Clearing now works more reliably for clients (online)
- Inter-world generation is working again (online)
- Mission results are working again (online)
- Fixed a number of labels in the lobby screen.
- Fixed character and weapon select sprite updating
- Improved performance for online enemy spawning
- Made online enemy spawning use the offline system
- Fixed missing references for mission results (online)
- Pickups are working online again
- You can now take damage online again
- Fixed enemy spawning issues
- Game Name and Password fields auto-clear on first input
- Fixed an issue where online game wasn't loading level settings
- Fixed character select instant quit bug.
Here’s that reminder again - we’re still seeing reports of crashes from new players, and we’re unable to replicate it with much (read: any) reliability ourselves. If you do experience a crash, please do get in touch on the forums right here on Steam, via twitter or on email (email@example.com)
- we’ll ask for your crash log, which should be in in your root Tango Fiesta directory, labelled with the day’s date and the sessions play time.
This is the only way we can fix these kinds of things so any help you guys and gals can give is hugely appreciated.
Until next time!
The Spilt Milk team