July 13th, 2014
Do you eat Green Berets for breakfast? You'll wish you did, because this update brings two new enemy types to the table, and they've already skipped a meal!
He (far left) can spawn as an improvement to enemy type except the Hunter, and is tougher, meaner, more aggressive and more deadly than the standard enemy types. To meet him is to fear him. To kill him is to revel in lots of gold, ammo and health! Also, we've made sure the player knows which bad guys are going to drop health or ammo, and added a rich bad guy who drops more cash than anyone else. It keeps the combat interesting, depending on how greedy, healthy or generous with your bullets you are :D (just remember it won't be the same every time!)
The Radio Guy!
This guy keeps his distance and then calls in backup - of any kind! Watch out for Champion versions too, as they're more liekly to spawn in Champion versions of their own making... it can escalate quckly!
Other than the new bad guys, we've been focusing on multiplayer fixes, tons of cool new particle effects, weapon and enemy balancing, new seeds for the Island level set, and of course addressing your wonderful feedback.
- Lots of particles!
Added new explosion effects for hunters, huts and grenades.
Added new effect for travelling through water and bushes
Added new particle effect for destroyed bushes in Jungle
Added weather effects for Jungle (Dust & Rain)
Added particle effects for picking up pickups (health/ammo/cash)
Added impact cloud effects for parachute/freefall, and Yatcha impact
Added environment hit particle effect
Added particle effects for Yatcha & Gordon death effects
Added particle effects for Revive Completion and Suicide.
- New enemy subsets, Support, Medic, Champion & Prospector
Only respective badges will drop relevant things.
Medic drops healthpacks
Support drops ammo
Prospector drops cash
- Champions have increased health, and a faster rate of fire.
- All unbadged enemies now only drop 1 bar of gold.
- Added prompt above player to say when they're reloading, for the duration of the reload
- Added weapon select between worlds (after bosses) in all game modes
- Added character and weapon selection into online play
- New ambient Music in the Jungle & Coastal Levels
- Game now displays status messages if there was an error joining an online lobby
- Hunter death explosions now do damage
- Updated effects on explosions
- Updated weapon sound effects and tweaked volume settings
- Changed z-indexing of the water & bush skirts.
- Removed 'Invisible' lobby setting for online play.
- Updated Host Game UI to play all sounds on all UI interactions
- Made the header for the field clickable in Host setup
- Gamepad can now be used for all Host Game setup interactions (except entering a password)
- Fixed z-indexing of particle effect on ammo & health pickups
- Fixed gamepad issue on Windows where you are unable to sprint and fire at the same time (Requires input mapping Reset in Settings)
- Fixed bullets not pausing when the game was paused
- Fixed the UI disappearing for clients after the first level.
- Explosions no longer act like a vacuum when knocking back enemies
- Fixed burst weaponry not entering the 'need reload' state correctly
- Fixed UI not appearing for clients when level progression occurs
- Fixed bug with online hosting where you couldn't host a game if you set a password.
And now a treat for those of you who've been nice enough to read all the way to the bottom - a sneaky peek at some nasty-looking characters who'll be coming in an update near you, soon!