We’re back! It’s been a long, slow 4 or 5 weeks since the last update. We had a great time in the rollercoaster of sales that is the Humble Bundle last month - thank you so much to everyone who spent any money in there, it went to some great causes - but we have to keep on making Tango Fiesta better and better because, well, nobody else is going to are they?
We've taken so long because we’ve had to focus a LOT on localisation and Steam Workshop Support. Neither of which are in this update. Well they are, but they’re switched off cos they’re not 10% ready yet. That’s the bad news.
The good news is we’ve also been spending the time fixing lots of annoying bugs, performance issues and all kinds of issues with the game, so with any luck it should be obvious how much better it plays.
This should mark our return to slightly more regular public updates too, all the way up until we go ‘gold’!
MOST - but not all - of the characters you’ll meet while playing Tango’s story mode!
- Touch damage: now all enemies (other than bosses) do damage to the player on touch.
- Weapons graphics finalised and updated for all guns, characters & situations.
- 1-off rooms added. If placed by the system, this room will be removed from the pool of place-able rooms for the next 3 levels.
- Let Off Some Steam now uses the correct number of enemies to assign to ActiveEnemyCount
- Improved Recycling checks on dead/recycled enemies
- Fixed major inter-world lag issue once going through weapon select
- Fixed Helicopters not attacking you
- Mission results labels now respond to mouse click
- Fixed bug in CameraScroller which was crashing the game if there was a chopper in x-3, you completed a boss fight, then loaded y-1 with no choppers
- Fixed bug where bushes would be destroyed but not disappear
- Environment sounds stop on mission results
- You can now purchase weapons with keyboard controls
- Fixed Cancel button bug in character select
- Fixed a bunch of audio errors
- Fixed weapon and impact knockback (now all impacts go in correct -direction)
- Fixed teleport bug in pause menu
- Pickups no longer time-dilate when game is paused
- Rigid-body physics removed from enemies on death to prevent post mortem movement
- Fixed guttering in Host Game and Lobby
- Optimised achievement saving calls
- Bullets now have their renderer turned on by default when being re-used -
- Fixed parachute displaying in front of player characters on spawn
- Fixed parachute being displayed on the ground at the player spawn location during subsequent missions
- Fixed Chopper objective Hovering Audio persisting between game sessions.
- Fixed General Payne noy dying/moving
- Fixed Randomisation of Stalkers in Killionaire boss fight
- Fixed Old Ramishar's health phase issues
- Fix for not being killed by boss during Ramishar boss fight
- Fixed the games front end logo sheen animation
- Moved Shutdown savefile routine to before the SteamSDK gets shut down
- Performance updates with Interval Manager
- Performance updates with the pathfinding
- Performance updates with Old Ramishar boss fight
- Reduced spawn radius for choppers
- Optimised location find for valid spawn points
- Updated Running Man boss music
- Updated Commando boss music
- Updated Commando level music layers
- Added pooling for Death Hits, reducing performance overhead
- When breaking out of intro splash, it remains on splash instead of going to main menu
- Yatcha Queen has slightly less health
- Killionaire’s mini flamers have their lifespan reduced (shorter range)
- Killionaire’s chainsaw guys are now slightly slower
- Player shadow now darker
- Neutron Napsack doing 3x the previous damage
- Sped up Yatcha Queen between phases
- Updated parachute graphic
- Changed the area which you can initiate a ‘hack’ to all around the Radio Mast
- Changed ‘reloading’ prompt to display only when the player is reloading.
- Reduced Jungle-1 objectives on first playthrough to 1 radio tower and 1 spawn hut
- Bullet Pooling now keeps performance way better
- Trees in Island health reduced to 150 to match those in Jungles.
Like I said at the top, this list isn’t comprehensive - it’s not a school report of everything we’ve been doing - but rather this is what you’ll be able to see reflected in the latest update. Rest assured that all of our work on localisation, story mode, character portraits and of course the Steam Workshop support that’ll allow you to create, share and play with your own heroes (for the love of all that is Arnie I can't wait to see what you guys and gals come up with) will all be coming down the line very soon!
Reassuringly back and productively yours,
The Spilt Milk team