STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Skara is advancing towards its last phase of development. For the last 2 YEARS we have been sharing the progress on Skara’s core mechanics, defining every single aspect of the game with the community. The feedback you all provided has been incredibly valuable, and, as a result, the upcoming Build 0.6.0 will be amazing.
It has been quite a long journey, and our team has worked really hard to bring your vision for an awesome skill-based, close-combat game to Steam. This summer, that dream will become a reality!
The list of features that came from ideas and suggestions from Skara’s community is impressive: the manual targeting system, range attacks, the improved defense and dodge mechanics… even Groth! Our beloved Boss of the Lava Coliseum was born as an idea from our players and they even got to name him!
For this reason we want to especially thank our most committed players who have been helping us out with long testing sessions, chats, forum post, reviews and suggestions. Huge shout outs to Villspor, Ares, ric and Hersher, who follow us from our Kickstarter campaign. R, Anax of Rhodes, Challenger, ZAToM, Kris, ReImagination, ivansolidsnake, Jushi, 3dogaru, deathrow_nzl, Maximum Sloth, Adellion, Reddblock, Zeta, and so many more users from the Steam forum have been testing each version and providing valuable feedback, in turn helping us determine how to move forward and where to put our limited resources to the most valuable use. THANK YOU AGAIN GUYS!
This is still really only the beginning. Once Skara 0.6.0 is out this summer, we’ll continue adding new features, cosmetics, items, skills, and animations. The sword-wielding Durno will be our next character. A new faction system will be implemented soon for you and your friends to be able to create your own clan and determine the future of Skara. Jotheim, our Team Siege arena, is being developed as we speak. Check out the latest tests and assets by following our social media accounts!
Although Skara is taking shape, there is still room for your ideas and suggestions for these and all the features that will come in the future. The World of Two Suns remains in your hands. :)
See you on the battlefield!
Pablo (Chief Skaradev
BUILD 0.5.6 CHANGELOG
Below find a summary of all the work we have done on Skara the last couple months. It will be a totally new experience once we have the new build running!
Want to see it in action? Sign in to our Twitch channel on Thursday, January 28, at 6 CET, 5 GMT, 12 EST, 9 PST.
· Optimization: Characters & Environments will be optimized in this version. LOD’s for meshes and textures have been added to every skin and basic character. Coliseum and Zem have been compressed with batch files so they can be procedurally loaded to maximize performance.
· New AI behaviour: Our beloved bots get an intelligence boost! Now they can use Talents and Skills as well react to Team Deathmatch situations (conquering towers or attacking the leading team).
· New Zem look and Game Mode: We have finally implemented the final visual aspect for the Team Deathmatch arena, the Zem Moorlands, as well as completed the Domination Game Mode. Now, besides conquering towers, teams must be aware of the activated Pinnacle phases, in order to attack enemy pinnacles and so unlock conquered towers.
· New character: Tamvaasa. The Northen warriors find their place in Skara with an awesome look and unique combat capabilities. Check the incredible Tamvaasa skills and invoke the powers of the fearsome vilkai, among many other things. The Tamvaasa put the Hack into Hack and Slash.
· New Gameplay feature: Talents. Choose two from four available Talents to enhance your combat style. Want to steal health from your foes with every hit? Try Inner Strike. Want to have a last chance when you are about to die? Trick Death is you talent. Increase the damage of your blows if you are about to die? Try To the Death. Want to recover Health when you are not fighting? Regeneration will do the job.
· New UI look and functionalities: The final look of the UI will be available on the 0.5.6 as well. We have updated the news and content, character customization and a lot more. Pay attention as well to the nice Skara music we added to the menu navigation.
· The store is open: The first iteration of the Skara store will be ready for the 0.5.6 build. Now you can purchase premium currency to buy cosmetic items for your characters. Only a few items will be available in this build, so check them out and be prepared for the next build, in which we’ll add a lot of new skins, fancy weapons and even custom mockeries and taunts!
· Re-factored combat system: Skara should now feel faster and more cruel. We re-defined how stamina and sprint bars work, we added attack cancellations and tweaked most of the values to balance the whole experience no matter which character you use. As usual, please send us feedback on the combat and if something feels unbalanced, let us know about it!
REGISTER HERE: http://skarathebladeremains.com/download
Skara has been a team effort from the first day: Through a rapid Steam Greenlight, a successful Kickstarter campaign, an amazing Early Access to today.
We know that a good PvP game is nothing without a strong community. That's why we promise to interact with you like we always have.
Though we are close to a F2P release, Skara is still in development: We add a new build almost every month. By playing Skara, you are invited not only into our game, but also into the development process. Your feedback on all the features of the game helps it grow.
|Game||Playing Now||All Time Peak|
|The Secret World||322||3,634|
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.