About the Game
Early Access + Full Release on Launch + 1 Free Copy as a Thank-You
REGULAR PRICE: $14.99
As a special Early Access offer, purchase the Early Access edition of Secret Ponchos and receive a bonus copy as a thank-you to our early adopters.
- Early Access code for Secret Ponchos
- 1 free copy for a friend
- Secret Ponchos PC version on launch
SUGGESTED PLAYTIMES : 3pm & 8pm PST:
Secret Ponchos is a newly released Early Access multi-player title, with a small population that is currently ramping up. To provide everyone opportunities for solid play sessions, we have created suggested play-times to saturate the community population. You are welcome to play Secret Ponchos whenever you like, but these times are there for you if you encounter any troubles as we ramp up our population. The Dev team will also join in at these hours, and we've been having a great time playing with the community :)
Secret Ponchos creates a new compelling format of combat. It's quick-twitch action gaming, that is fast paced, fun and competitively addictive. Presenting combat from an overhead isometric view dramatically changes the feel of the Fighting Game and Team Shooter genres. You have a 360 degree view of the action unfolding around you, and gameplay is driven by both what you choose to do, and how well you can control timing and spacing for quick-twitch battles. Compete to survive in 1 vs 1 duels, free-for-all mode, or get your friends together for gang combat against rivals (up to 8 players).
Create your outlaw from a dynamic set of western characters, each with its own weapon types and different combat styles. As you gun down other players you will define your legacy as you increase your notoriety with each kill. But watch out – as the price on your head increases, it becomes a more valuable target, and others will be gunning for you in this Wild West setting.
In a nutshell Secret Ponchos is an isometric action-based PvP fighting game, taking place in a stylish Spaghetti Western universe.
5 Unique Outlaws:
Each outlaw with its own sense of depth and combat strengths. They play as different as they look from one another.
Line of Sight:
Take cover behind the environment to break line-of-sight between you and enemies. When breaking line-of-sight you will disappear from your enemies view, allowing you to ambush, flank, or take a moment to reload and regroup.
: Team based, and individual combat modes. 2-8 Players supported. Play 1v1 intense duels, or team shootouts supporting 2v2 , 4v4 and even 8 Player FFA matches. Modes available in early access can be seen in the Early Access Schedule (above).
Local PvP Coop/SplitScreen :
Have a friend over, and use split screen to either play against each other or cooperatively against other teams online.
*Splitscreen PC is disabled in the current version of Early Access, but it will be supported as an upcoming feature
Persistent Characters & Upgrades
: As you gun down opponents the game tracks your characters match history and bounties you have collected. Unlock perks, skins, and reputation classes as you earn notoriety and the bounty on your own head rises.
Controller & Keyboard/Mouse Now Supported
Secret Ponchos is fundamentally a fighting game at its’ heart, so we recommend a controller for the best experience (PS4 DS4, Xbox 360 windows / XbONE windows controller or equivalent). However, due to popular requests from the Early Access community we have added Keyboard/Mouse support!
Early Access the Way it Should be - Devs Fully Accessible for the Community
To us the real magic and benefit behind purchasing a game on Early Access, is being able to communicate with the development team while things have an opportunity to be shaped. The Secret Ponchos dev team is proud to have eliminated the barriers between the community and themselves - anyone in the Steam community can reach out to the Devs directly. This communication is unique, and it is a big reason to get the game on Early Access instead of the final release.
- The Switchblade Monkeys team plays the game every day at 8 pm PST with the community
- You can chat with the Devs everyday on the steam group chat during daily play sessions, to communicate feedback/experiences, or just hang out
- Dev team responds to discussion and community posts daily, there is no Public Relations barrier
Features Available in Current Version of Early Access Secret Ponchos
(Throughout Early Access we will be rotating testing on game modes)
- 5 Unique Outlaws : Killer, Kid Red, The Deserter, Phantom Poncho, and the newly added Matador
- 8 Player Free-For-All Shootout Mode
- Team Domination Mode : 2 vs 2 / 4 vs 4
- Friend Invites / team play support
- persistent Character, Reputation system, bounty Points, Level ups, and perk assignment
- Match history & stat tracking
- 4 Maps : Saloon, TrainWreck, Graveyard, and the newly added Ranch
Moving forward in Early Access, Features & Content to come
- Custom Game Mode – create a custom game with friends, or use unique configurations of players such as 3 vs 1
- In-game voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Localization for other languages
- There are other game modes we are experimenting with that we hope to give the Early Access community a glimpse of so as to help us by providing feedback