About the Game
SUGGESTED PLAYTIMES : 3pm & 8pm PST:
Secret Ponchos is a newly released Early Access multi-player title, with a small population that is currently ramping up. The number of players will fluxuate at certain times of the day. To provide everyone opportunities for solid play sessions, we have created suggested play-times to saturate the community population. You are welcome to play Secret Ponchos whenever you like, but these times are there for you if you encounter any troubles as we ramp up our population. The Dev team will also join in at these hours, and we've been having a great time playing with the community :)
Secret Ponchos creates a new compelling format of combat. It's quick-twitch action gaming, that is fast paced, fun and competitively addictive. Presenting combat from an overhead isometric view dramatically changes the feel of the Fighting Game and Team Shooter genres. You have a 360 degree view of the action unfolding around you, and gameplay is driven by both what you choose to do, and how well you can control timing and spacing for quick-twitch battles. Compete to survive in 1 vs 1 duels, free-for-all mode, or get your friends together for gang combat against rivals (up to 8 players).
Create your outlaw from a dynamic set of western characters, each with its own weapon types and different combat styles. As you gun down other players you will define your legacy as you increase your notoriety with each kill. But watch out – as the price on your head increases, it becomes a more valuable target, and others will be gunning for you in this Wild West setting.
In a nutshell Secret Ponchos is an isometric action-based PvP fighting game, taking place in a stylish Spaghetti Western universe.
Line of Sight:
Take cover behind the environment to break line-of-sight between you and enemies. When breaking line-of-sight you will disappear from your enemies view, allowing you to ambush, flank, or take a moment to reload and regroup.
: 2-8 Players supported. Play 1v1 intense duels, or team shootouts supporting 2v2 , 4v4 and even 8 Player FFA matches. Modes available in early access can be seen in the Early Access Schedule (above).
Local PvP Coop/SplitScreen :
Have a friend over, and use split screen to either play against each other or cooperatively against other teams online.
*Splitscreen PC is disabled in the first version of Early Access, but it will be supported as an upcoming feature
Persistent Characters & Upgrades
: As you gun down opponents the game tracks your characters match history and bounties you have collected. Unlock perks, skins, and reputation classes as you earn notoriety and the bounty on your own head rises.
Early Access + Full Release on Launch + 1 Free Expansion Character as a Thank-You
As a special Early Access launch offer, get the Early Access edition of Secret Ponchos now, and your first DLC expansion character will be on us! (would have cost an additional $4.99 )
- Early Access Code for Secret Ponchos
- 1 Free DLC character
: As a special offer, Early Access supporters will receive our first DLC character for free (when it becomes available for purchase to other players)
- Secret Ponchos PC version on launch
Posse Pack : 4 Copies of Secret Ponchos - Buy 3 Get 1 Free
Buy 3 Get 1 Free: give them to your friends!
- 4 Copies of Early Access Secret Ponchos
- 1 Free DLC Character
- 4 copies of Secret Ponchos PC version on launch
Features Available in Current Version of Early Access Secret Ponchos
- *Controller Support (as Secret Ponchos plays like a fighting game, a controller is the intended interface device. Keyboard/Mouse functionality has been added as a beta feature, but beware we're still working on Menu Interface support to show Keyboard commands in menus)
(Throughout Early Access we will be rotating testing on game modes)
- 8 Player Free-For-All Shootout Mode
- Team Domination Mode : 2 vs 2 / 4 vs 4
- Friend Invites / team play support
- persistent Character, Reputation system, bounty Points, Level ups, and perk assignment
- Match history & stat tracking
- 4 Outlaws : Killer, Kid Red, The Deserter, Phantom Poncho
- 3 Maps : Saloon, TrainWreck, Graveyard
Moving forward in Early Access, Features & Content to come
- Deathmatch Mode – a high intensity non-respawning mode that supports 1 vs 1 duels as well as 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 gang fights.
- Custom Game Mode – create a custom game with friends, or use unique configurations of players such as 3 vs 1
- In-game voice chat
- New Playable Character "The Matador" (will be added in July and is included in Early Access pricing)
- 1 additional map currently in production
- Keyboard/Mouse gameplay support (though we recommend a controller as the intended experience – its a fighting game and was designed for a controller experience)
- Steam Achievements
- Localization for other languages
- There are other game modes we are experimenting with that we hope to give the Early Access community a glimpse of so as to help us by providing feedback