About the Game
A desolate asteroid field on the edge of the solar system erupts in war. Your troops rely on you to take the battle to the enemy. Build up defenses and fleets, repair and upgrade your command ship, lead your forces to reclaim and conquer territory.
The seat of a fighter, the bridge of a cruiser and a tactical battle map are your tools of war. Void Destroyer puts you in command and gives you ultimate freedom to control your forces and wage war.
If you ever wanted to directly control your forces in a real time strategy game or be able to build ships and command to your wing-men and fleets in a space combat simulator like you can in a RTS - this is the game for you. Void Destroyer combines elements from space combat simulators and real time strategy games. No longer are you limited on how to control and command. Battles are waged on your terms, you are given the tools. How you use them is up to you.
Jump into a fighter to engage in dogfights, then switch into a frigate to take out an enemy corvette. Build defensive platforms to augment the security of your base. Issue commands to your attack ships to distract enemy defenders to allow your marine frigates to board an enemy's base. Defend and oversee asteroid mining craft to have the resources necessary to support your fleets.
By combining elements of two genres, enemies can be more brutal, fights can be larger and you can overcome greater challenges.
Think there's not enough time? Use time dilation (slow down time) to make time for tactics.
- A mixture of space combat and real time strategy games - two games in one
- A story line, opportunities, plot twists, boss fights, and many surprises
- Pilot ships - from small drones to heavy cruisers
- Instant ship switching - all ships are pilot-able
- Multitude of weapon systems in the hands of both friends and foes
- Tactical Mode - easily issue orders and manage your forces
- Build platforms
- Build ships
- Research new technology
- Upgrade your command ship
- Asteroid mining
- Flight engine combines six degree of freedom with Newtonian physics balanced to allow for dogfights
- Pilot via joystick or mouse (mouse flight - includes two different modes)
- Command view - camera and mouse controls optimized for controlling turrets and piloting larger ships
- If the role of a pilot isn't your thing - you can let the ship's crew do their job
- Capture enemy bases and ships
- Mod support - "mod nearly everything" philosophy
- Instant Action scenarios - unlocked via playing the main game/story mode
- Battle Editor - create your own maps, unlimited game play on your own terms
- Unlock system - as you research new ships and defeat enemy ships, they become available for use in the battle editor
- Formations - pre-defined and customizable
- Community input valued by a responsive developer
Post Commercial Release Planned Features:
The initial commercial release focuses on a single player experience with a story line, however with resources from the commercial release planned updates include:
- Sandbox mode - non-linear game play - become a privateer - pirate, bounty hunter, trader, or warlord
- First person shooter elements - taking base invasions to a new level
- Multi-player support
- Continuous improvement of features and game play elements - support doesn't stop just at release
Note: some of the above might take the form of a paid DLCs and expansions
Void Destroyer is a "labor of love" a project that I can't envision not working on. I will continue adding new features and content to the game even post the "official release." And hope to create a lasting impression on gaming history.