Today’s release is a rather large one. Over the last six weeks we’ve been working especially hard adding and debugging our flying A.I. creature, know as the IKA. We can safely say it adds another dimension to the combat play, so be prepared for some vertical madness!
We’ve also focused heavily on balancing the whole game, including the new upgrades we’ve added. This is an ongoing process, so please do continue to let us know what you think and we'll review any feedback and feed further balancing changes into upcoming updates.
For a video of all the features added CLICK HERE for the full post!
Now, prepare yourself, for the full list of new features below.
Patch Notes Version 0.0.4
- New enemy - IKA. It’s a flying creature which uses superheated mineral blobs for projectiles.
- New Defense Structure - Energy Pillar. Construct and place Energy Pillars to create laser walls between them. Rotate the Pillar before placing to choose your connections.
- Added wall-running, which allows you to run horizontally and vertically along flat surfaces by holding the Shift key.
- New Regeneration Module added. This will allow you repair your existing structures.
- New Upgrade Tree functionality and interface. Spend materials to unlock new upgrades for your Modules. Once unlocked, an Upgrade can be Activated/Deactivated by your Eden Kit. Each Module has a limit of how many upgrades can be active on it at any given time, so choose wisely before venturing out.
- New Kinetic Force Module Upgrades.
- New Gauss Gun Module Upgrades.
- New Energy Harness Module Upgrades.
- New Regeneration Module Upgrades.
- Added Save Game Upgrade from previous versions
- Key bindings and the ability to remap them has been added to the options menu.
- Updated Day and Night Cycle. The day and night now have different lengths, new balancing, and additional visuals for dawn and dusk. Days are now longer, nights are shorter.
- Added first-person character body. You can now look down and see your legs!
- Added new wind effects to foliage in the world.
- Options Menu has been split into Sub-Menus.
- Added X-axis inversion to the Options Menu.
- Added Weapon Spread to Pistol, Rifle and Gauss Cannon.
- Structures can now be “sold” by using the Energy Harness Module with the Reclaim upgrade activated. This functionality replaces the “Undo” ability, which is now obsolete and removed.
There's LOADS more, but steam won't allow us to post it all here due to the character limit. So please follow this link to view our bug fixes and full feature list - CLICK HERE
We have updated the Known Issues list
to reflect the current version, Please let us know if you find any bugs that are not listed.
0.0.3 Saves - Please Note:
While we have made every effort to allow old 0.0.3 saves to open, we recommend starting a new game to get the full experience of this update. If you saved during the night, there will be a new swarm of enemies spawned (one patrol group for each hive nearby) upon load. On new saves however, the AI Manager should remember if it has sent a patrol group out for that night or not. Also to obtain the Sell Upgrade you may need to manually activate it (it should be unlocked), when you start a new game it will be unlocked and activated by default.
Before we leave you to engage in survival combat on Pharus, we would like to announce the winning creature name for our bi-pedal fauna. Through vote of popularity ‘Vogel’ is the winner, with a close runner up for ‘Narnar’. We had hundreds of votes in total so thank you to everyone who participated. The ‘Vogel’ will be arriving on Pharus soon in a future update.
Lastly, we’re trying to crash E3! so if you can give us a vote, which will give you access to a click fest mini game. If we get some serious points on the board we may stand a chance of getting there. Which would be absolutely amazing!
Please follow this link
to cast your vote for us and play the clicker game to earn us points!
- Flix Team
Our week has been full of testing, nose to the grindstone development, and one mysterious cheese cake.
We were hoping to get an update to you by the end of this week, but due to unforeseen circumstances we’re going to be pushing the update release back to ensure stability. This means that we will be making every effort to get v0.0.4 update out to you next week!
Just as a quick re-cap, here is a list of the major features that are making it in for v0.0.4;
- An AI Overhaul - Rewritten all AI to utilise a task graph rather than a behaviour tree. Creating less rigidity and more fluidity, to allow the AI to adapt to changes in the word and more effectively react to the players actions.
- Laser Walls - Static posts that can be placed in the ground, between which a Kinetic Beam acts as a barrier to any ground based enemies. NOTE: Laser Walls combined with turrets are very useful for channelling enemies into kill zones.
- Alien Ika’s - A flying enemy that shoots volatile and corrosive projectiles from a distance.
- Ika Hives - Even evil alien flying squids need somewhere to call home.
- Wall Running - Added ability to run up or along vertical surfaces, acts as a buff awesome way to navigate the environment and your base.
- Reclaim and Recycle Upgrades - Added RMD/MATA-Tool upgrades to enable Pioneers to reclaim materials from a structure back into their inventory.
- Regeneration Module - Added structure repair module with its own upgrade tree.
- RMD/MATA-Tool Upgrade Tree Expansion - A plethora of upgrades that include faster mining, adding extra single blast damage, increased mining range and more.
- Gauss Gun Module Upgrades - Increase the spread of the Gauss gun, its effective range and more.
- Key-Remapping - Re-assign keys and save any custom keyboard mappings.
- Day Night Cycle Update - Added dawn/dusk sky colours, lengthened the daytime period, and introduced further optimisations.
Our aim is to ensure we release features that are cohesive and enjoyable to play. However, instead of leaving everyone waiting, we’ve taken some footage and screenshots from one of our current development builds for you to feast your eyes upon.
The following video and screenshots are development previews including some of the new content we’ll be introducing.
For our new video, click here to view the full post!
Please bear in mind that all of these features are work in progress for future updates and are subject to change. If you missed our previous March Development Update video, you can find it here
New Defenses: Laser Perimeter Walls
Kinetic Blast Upgrades
Flying Enemies (IKA) Attack
Day & Night Cycle updates