STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Well it has been a very busy two weeks since the Shopping Update, and we think you are going to really appreciate these changes. We reworked the entire ship construction system based on extensive user feedback, and here is what we came up with. The TL;DR is, you don't need the tractor beam to build anymore.
The initial building tutorial is not yet aware of these changes, and we plan to change its flow to teach the new methods listed below. We figured that people would want to get their hands on this new tech right away though, so we are releasing it now.
Also, there may be some bumps with this new system. There was a titanic amount of code and rework to get this new building method in there and unlike the old tractor version which had almost 4 years of testing, this has had about 5 hours of testing. As we find problems we will hotfix as usual. Also the old tractor construction method is still intact and can be used as a fallback.
Here we go!
(this is pulled directly out of the ship building tips button in the inventory level)
SET COMPARE MODE:
Click any part with the Right Mouse Button/Right Click Stick.
The part will glow green showing that it is selected as the compare part.
When in compare mode, if you hover your mouse over any other part, it will show how the stats compare.
CLEAR COMPARE MODE:
To clear compare mode, Click empty space with the Right Mouse Button/Right Click Stick.
SWAPPING IN A PART:
Find a loose part that has the desired stats.
Set that part into compare mode.
Hover the pointer over the part in the current ship design that you wish to replace.
Click the Right Mouse Button/Right Click Stick.
The compare part will swap places with the selected ship part.
SWAPPING OUT A PART:
Set a part on your ship to be in compare mode
Hover the pointer over loose parts.
Click the Right Mouse Button/Right Click Stick.
The compare part will swap places with the selected loose part.
It is possible to swap a large part for a small part and vice versa if space is available.
In some cases it will be legal to swap an engine or a wing for example into the same position. Swapping supports this.
Compare parts can be swapped with other parts currently attached to your ship.
When selecting a compare part that is floating in space, arrows will appear in all locations where that part can attach.
Move the pointer to the desired attach location, and the compare part will snap to this position.
Click the Right Mouse Button/Right Click Stick to confirm the new position.
When selecting a compare part that is attached to your ship, arrows will show all valid locations where that part can be moved instantly.
This is a great way to quickly reconfigure ship spine shapes.
Instead of removing parts one by one with the tractor beam, if you select a part to remove using the tractor button, all parts that rely on that part will be automatically removed as you hold it.
Selecting the mothership root core will cause all attached parts to be removed in a cascade.
Pressing this button will reset all the positions of all loose parts in the current level.
AUTO FILL SPINE:
Pressing this button will fit the best loose parts into empty slots on your current ship spine.
This is very useful to snap on the remaining parts once you have placed your key components.
The auto fill algorithm tries its best by weighting 192 different construction variations and is usually able to find spots for all your parts, but not always.
CLEAR TO SPINE:
Pressing this button will remove all noses, wings, and engines as well as causing a cleanup area.
This is useful for quickly adjusting spine shapes for your ship.
Pressing this button removes all parts from your ship and causes a cleanup area.
We hope you all enjoy this new update, and thanks very much for all the feedback! It has given us the clarity we needed on issues like the building system being too unwieldy as well as the need for the catalog. Please stick with us, we are committed to making SPAZ 2 better and better.
Here's a list of what is next on the agenda:
We have just released our first big feature based on player feedback. As such we are incrementing the build number to 0.2.0 from 0.1.20.
The catalog allows players to set a large set of search criteria to scour all the starbases in the galaxy for just the right part, or the closest facsimile that the current factions are able to produce.
You have two options once you search the parts.
#1: Set in a course to that starbase and hope the part is still there when you arrive. Store restocking as well as other captain's purchasing the part may mean the part will not be there when you arrive.
#2 Hire a courier to send the part to your mothership. This guarantees you the part, but you have to pay a premium of +50% of the part's price for delivery.
Since this update was all about shopping, we also added the ability to remotely view starbase inventories. So say you don't know exactly what you want, but you want to do some window shopping. Now you can click on any starbase and see what they currently have available to trade.
We prioritized this feature due to player feedback wanting more control over how their build their mothership and the desire to get the parts they want. We think that the catalog is a great addition because it will really show players how the territory a faction controls will directly dictate what a faction can build. The catalog also empowers the player to much more readily find those juicy high tier parts.
The Catalog button is the shopping cart on the starmap's lower hud.
Now on to hotfixes. We have been quite busy since the last update and here is a list of all the tweaks and fixes.
HOTFIXES: v 0.2.0
- Fixed demands coming from factions without provinces causing empty trade menu
- Cap info page now shows perk levels properly for the infinite perks
- AI no more bounties on members of your own faction , even if you hate em
- Fix for skirmishes not transferring their owner when their owner is zombified
- Raid reward callout on starmap
- Bandit Hive reward callout on starmap
- Fixed tractored parts hitting player ship sometimes breaking
- Added a province under attack warning callout
- Fixed damage sometimes piercing shields
- Fixed spamming continue on death spawning multiple wreckage nodes.
- Fixed Projectile Pool bug that has been hiding for 3 years. Fixes projectiles being reset mid flight. No more warping pulsars,
- Pile of spelling fixes
- Bandits won't interrupt a hive attack unless they can win
- Can now quit the Arena while a ship is in the process of exploding.
- Added tip to levelup and return later when player fails the Arena
- Fix for when pay reparations the relations setting goes to 0 if already positive.
- Standardized starbase threat levels for base expansions.
- If part breaks off a ship, missile should de-lock that part and go after new current ship lock instead
- Fix for odd “Is Helping you” case when AI is actually attacking you.
- In campaign mode, Zombie faction respects the player faction's ability to get a start (3 provinces) Zombies get same benefit so it is fair. In sandbox, no story safety net.
- Zombies will never cheat to win sim battles vs player faction when getting first few zombie converts.
- No “chronological inevitability warnings,” when the zombies are turned off in sandbox
- Bounties on bandit hives will now reward properly and clear.
- Bandit hives take twice as long to regenerate themselves after destruction
- Can sort and view captains by threat level in faction viewer menu
- 3rd person and sniper camera invert option in Options/Gameplay
- AI captains and zombies will not intercept wingman. It is annoying. Wingman is considered part of player fleet.
- Friendly (Green) captains will not steal from friend's resource nodes or wrecks.
- Bounties much more damaging to relations, especially on starbases
- Bounties on allies extra extra bad.
- Faction leader gets angry is any bounty is placed on any base in their faction.
- Faction leader much less likely to take over the player base if they lose their capital and player is a member of their faction.
- Added captain info button to the hud, players sometimes missed clicking on their own ship to get access to this menu.
- Save/Load game menu now shows the date and time for the save games.
So this was a big patch as you can all see, and we are rolling it out quickly so there maaaaay be issues with some of the fixes breaking thinks elsewhere. SPAZ 2 is a highly emergent game, so poking it in one place sometimes has weird results in other systems. There is a lot of butterfly effect potential in a game like this :). We will be monitoring the bug forum in case we inadvertently broke something somewhere else, and if we did, you can expect a counter hotfix to that to come quickly.
“The combat in this feels very very good you guys. Feels very nice, very fluid.”
Brian Rubin, Space Game Junkie
“Oh Yes, I love the comic relief in the game. Just about everything is oozing with that kind of charm.”
“MinMax Games has slammed down in front of us the most innovative and exciting experiences I have had the privilege of playing in a long time.”
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.