This short point & click game is amazing, the protagonist is a cynical rabbi (His name is Russell Stone) who struggles with paying off debts for his small synagogue in New york (Sorry for spoilers but I want to be very accurate or at least try to be accurate as possible) but the game turns into a crime drama when a cop tells him that one of his former synagogue members got murdered so he ventures out to find some answers to this unexpected murder. (This is one of Wadjet Eye's 1st games back in 2006 so I'm glad I discovered the remastered version for it).
1. This game is 100% focused on judaism & if you take a look at the achievements the words are all Yiddish like for example Meshuggah in Jewish means crazy (Fun fact about the yiddish word Meshuggah it's also a name of a metal band http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meshuggah
2. The story is really interesting & you have a lot of choices you can make
3. The music is a delight to listen to & the art is amazing to look at
4. The voice acting from beginning to end was amazing to listen to
5. The game has a few references like for example the monkey island reference at the end of the game when your fighting the antagonist
6. The entire puzzle system in the game is all about combining clues (Only a few sadly), interrogating people and hacking e-mail accounts
I have nothing bad to say about this game so I won't be discussing cons about the game but I think the only thing bad I can say is that some of the steam forum posts for this game are beyond cruel to the jews, game begging & other stupid ♥♥♥♥ but I'm glad that Wadjet Eye Games are moderating the forums like an eagle. Overall I highly recommend this game & I hope someday a Shivah 2 will come out (Holy ♥♥♥♥ this was a long review).
Posted: November 25th, 2013