A potentially interesting hack and slash where you can use the included editor to create new content.
* I like the editablility.
* Graphically the style is nice, although seems to be inconsistent on whether it is supposed to be cartoony or realistic.
* Has single player and can supposedly be played offline (i haven't confirmed).
* Good that levels are short so you don't get stuck being unable to save. Although, would be nice if you could save outside of levels (doesn't seem possible).
* Got better once my character upgraded. Initially it was very tough going. I assume this is tuning that needs to be done as part of the early access.
* Game seems very slow. My computer can run Just Cause 2 and Skyrim at high resolution very smoothly and this game is really laggy at the average settings to the point of giving me a headache.
* The controls are not very tight at all. There are long delays while attacking, no indication if you are "selecting" the monster as you try to attack which leads to a lot of misses (or being low level I am suppose to miss a lot, hard to tell), and the jump mechanic could use some work.
* The content is very sparse. They seem to be entirely counting on users creating most of it.
* The UI is bewildering and the style doesn't match the theme of the game at all. Little things like Esc not exiting out of inventory or back up a level (you have hit tab again like TV menus), somethings can only be done in certain situations or at special locations like checking your inventory. Took me a while to figure out that the box with a number and a flashing plus was stat increases but that you have to click on the individual stas to upgrade them.
* Thief doesn't start with a crossbow/bow? Seems wierd if they are going for the guantlet feel. Also, the loot drops seem to be giving me weapons for a fighter (swords, axes). I was only able to get a crossbow from the loot shrine.
* Difficulty ratings are ocassionally wrong, even in the official maps. The Ice pass is definitely not "medium" having beaten several official "extreme" levels.
* Bugs, i think? Somewhat expected with an early access game, but simple things like having a strength of 1+1 (+1 due to item boost) doesn't let you equip a weapon that requires a strength of 2.
Overall not great based on the cost compared to other games at the same price point. That is somewhat expected with an early access game, but the developers keep talking about how playable it is, so ... I can't really recommend the game at this time. Perhaps as it matures it will get better.