I came into this game with the impression that it took away ALL of the good things from the previous Scribblenauts game. I am happy to say that I was wrong and while it does have its shortcomings, it's still a good game at its core.
The best way to look at this game is to view it as half Scribblenauts and half another medium to experience the DC universe. It takes a small bit of the creativity that was required in the previous game and fills the vacuum with all the DC heroes and villains we've come to love.
Here are some slight observations after 2 days of playing and completing the game:
- Adds a plethora of new characters
- Interesting origin stories!
- Cool costumes. It was fun to test them all out. Keep in mind some of them overlap due to having similar strengths.
- The game can limit your line of thinking by having you rely on the same nouns and adjectives over and over again. There's more combat so this is normal. Consider it a challenge to find more creative ways to deal with these combat scenarios.
- Content = less meaty overall. The previous game had way more things to do so therefore I can't really agree with the current price.
- If you're not a DC enthusiast, you may not know how to do some of the repeatable objectives (such as the number guessing game).
It's a good game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Make sure to watch the cutscenes! 4/5