Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies. Fulfill your destiny and claim your rightful place on the throne of Britannia.
View all 22 screenshots
Watch HD video
Buy King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Packages that include this game
Buy King Arthur Collection
Includes 8 items: King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame, King Arthur: Knights and Vassals DLC, King Arthur: Legendary Artifacts DLC, King Arthur: The Saxons, King Arthur: The Druids, King Arthur: Fallen Champions, King Arthur II: The Role-Playing Wargame, King Arthur II: Dead Legions
Downloadable Content For This Game
“You will love playing King Arthur, in fact, you will love the whole game. And it's really easy to get hooked on it.”
92/100 – GameStar Hu
“King Arthur is, without doubt, the most fun I've had with a strategy game this year.”
90/100 – IncGamers
“A supreme strategy game, rich with incident and detail. Finally some worthy competition for the Total War series.”
86/100 – PC Gamer
“...King Arthur is an easy title to recommend. All of the various elements come together nicely with a gorgeous and stylish presentation.”
86/100 – Cheat Code Central
“If you like to enable more and more things in a game instead of being shown everything at once, this is a game for you.”
82/100 – GameStar
“All in all, King Arthur is the kind of title big game companies just don’t make anymore. Challenging, ambitious and quirky, this is certainly a game that deserves a look.”
81/100 – HellBored
About the Game
Welcome to the lost age of chivalry, where magic and myth is alive, and you are destined to be one of the living legends: Arthur, the son of Uther Pendragon, the Once and Future King of the prophecies.
Fulfill your destiny and claim your rightful place on the throne of Britannia. Recruit fabled knights to your Round Table: send them to adventures or battles, let them gather knowledge and artifacts, see how they become the most powerful heroes of the realm. Build the majestic Camelot, but beware: there will be enemies, both mortal and otherworldly that will try to destroy you. Send your heroes and their followers to battle with legendary warriors and monsters and see how the folk of the faeries and the saints set against wizards and evil knights.
- Real-time fantasy battles: spectacular fight scenarios on grandiose battlefields, featuring thousands of soldiers and powerful heroes such as Sir Lancelot, Sir Galahad or Merlin. Battles rely on the strengths and weaknesses of the different arms with several tactical possibilities, the abilities of the units and the heroes, monsters and most of all, spells.
- Turn-based Campaign Map: Britannia is represented as a fully three dimensional topographic map where heroes move freely, conquer provinces or find adventures. In the turn-based campaign the changing seasons have effect on the gameplay and the graphics of the Campaign Map.
- Create your own legend! The saga of King Arthur is an epic tale about the conquest of Britannia through a story-based campaign. The Campaign is divided into chapters, like a chronicle, each with a unique tone and theme. The chapters all have objectives, long- and short-term goals that also fit together to draw a grandiose picture of an unfolding storyline. There are many possible events and outcomes that all influence the legend itself and determine the ending of the storyline.
- Morality Chart: Every decision in the game will influence the position of King Arthur on the Morality Chart. King Arthur might become a Christian ruler or the Follower of the Old Faith; a rightful or a ruthless monarch. These choices unlock special contents, allies, heroes, units and developments.
- RPG elements: Heroes lead the armies and learn skills, spells and abilities from an ability tree for experience points. Heroes can also use magic items or become liege lords, entrusted with the leadership of a province, which is the best way to have them indebted. Arranging their marriages with the nice damsels of Arthur’s court also raises their loyalty.
- Adventures: adventuring is the essence of King Arthur’s world. Quests pop up on the Campaign Map regularly. In technical terms it is a short story where the chosen knight has to make important decisions. Some adventures end in battles on special battlemaps.
- OS: Windows XP SP2/Vista/7
- Processor: AMD Athlon 3500+ or Intel Pentium IV 3.4 Ghz
- Memory: 1Gb RAM (XP) 1.5Gb RAM (Vista/7)
- Graphics: Nvidia 6600 (256Mb) / ATI Radeon X700 (256Mb)
- DirectX®: 9.0c or higher
- Hard Drive: 8 Gb of free space
- Sound: DirectX 9-compliant sound card
NeocoreGames and the logo of NeocoreGames and King Arthur – The Role-playing Wargame© (2009) and the logo of King Arthur – The Role-playing Wargame are registered trademarks or marks of Neocoregames Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
1 of 1 people (100%) found this review helpful
0 of 3 people (0%) found this review helpful
358 products in account
72 products in account
59.9 hrs on record
i really enjoyed this strategy rpg, at the asking price i am confident you wont be dissapointed and will most certainly get your moneys worth, a very pleasant surprise. plenty of lore that drags you into the game.