This game was recommended to me by Angry Joe, I checked out his review and was instantly interested into playing this. I love Total war to death (you can see I played shogun 2 for like 300+ hours) but I also love RPG’s like Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, and Skyrim, this was a very ambitious move on Neocore games and it very well paid off. Let me just go over the pros and cons
+ The Knights of the Round: Your Knights are basicly the generals from Total war only they are supped up can kick but and take names, much like an actual RPG character they level up, learn new skills, go on quests, and gain weapons and armor, Plus who always wanted their general to wipe out an entire platoon by firing a lightning bolt.
+ Total War Mythology!?: Unlike in Total war this game features Creatures and monsters from various celtic mythos both evil and good….perhaps a new Age of Mythology is in order?
+ RPG Quests: On the map you will encounter various RPG Text style quests that your knights can go on, to gain EXP, Units, Abilities, and so on, these are key to continue the story and earn better stuff as you conquer Britannia.
+ Moral Alignment in Many Areas: Besides the Obvious Good and Evil (Righteous and Tyrant) there is also a Religious Alignment where you can either be a good Christian or continue the Old Ways, All Alignments have various benefits and you can go many ways like Tyrannical Christian or Righteous Old Ways ect.
+Plays like Total war: If you love Total War it’s a very close replica of Total war, Granted it dose have a few flaws.
+ Legendary Weapons and Armor: Collect Various Weapons and Armor to Deck out your Knights to make them more Lethal.
- Your King Arthur…..and you don’t play as him??: Yeah despite you being King Arthur and having Excalibur “The Most Powerful Weapon in Britannia” You can’t actually use him in combat at all….or anything really…You can’t participate in Quests, or Join a Battle…Or Use Excalibur
- Can’t Get the TRUE Knights of the Round: I’m abit of a historic nut but I have to place this as a con, If your trying to do a play by play of the Actual Arturian Legend your SOL because of the Morality system a lot of the Classic Knights of the Round you cannot obtain, In my Case I was a Righteous Old Faith King sooo I couldn’t get Gawain or Gallahad because I wasn’t a Tyrant or a Christian
- Time Limit!?!?: Surprisingly there is a Time limit in the game by how many turns you can use, at a certain point in the game you will be unable to complete any more quests due to a event, hell you’ll skip several chapters if your too slow
- Broken A.I: You HAVE to play this game on Easy, on Normal or Hard the A.I Breaks the game by producing units faster than you can and doing cheap tactics
- Auto Battle Whats That??: The Auto Battle is useless, forcing you to play every single battle!
- Reading…Zzzz: If you don’t like Reading your gonna fall asleep on some of the Quests
- Chapter Jumping: Your going to be jumping chapters like Crazy after Chapter 1, I haven’t even finished a quest for Chapter 2 and I already get Quests for Chapters 3 and 4
- Mythos Units OP: If you don’t have any Mythos Units your soldiers are going to get their buts kicked, Even the Lowest Teir Mythos Units can Own your Highest Teir Soldiers (Thus making you WANT to play Old Faith 80% of the time)
In the End though Despite my Cons its still a Solid Game Regardless it just needs some fine tuning here and there, If most of these Cons are Fixed in Future Titles then King Arthur can be a Legend, but for now it’s a Ambitious Title that Works but could use some Improvements