Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
For uncounted years, DeathSpank has been a Dispenser of Justice, a Vanquisher of Evil, and a Hero to the Downtrodden. DeathSpank has long searched for a powerful artifact called….The Artifact. Forged by unknown hands for unknown purposes some unknown time in the past, The Artifact is now within DeathSpank’s reach. What is The Artifact?
Release Date: Oct 25, 2010
About the GameFor uncounted years, DeathSpank has been a Dispenser of Justice, a Vanquisher of Evil, and a Hero to the Downtrodden. DeathSpank has long searched for a powerful artifact called….The Artifact. Forged by unknown hands for unknown purposes some unknown time in the past, The Artifact is now within DeathSpank’s reach. What is The Artifact?
- The Epic Humor of Ron Gilbert – Ron Gilbert brings his hilarious brand of witty humor and ridiculous dialog to a whole new genre in one of the most epic stories ever told involving a hero and his quest to find The Artifact.
- Two-Player Local “Sidekick” Co-op – Recruit a friend to fight by your side as your heroic sidekick and work your way together through hellacious dungeons and a mysterious land. Local co-op requires a controller for the second player.
- Explore a Massive World – The world of DeathSpank is massive and full of tons of unique and hilarious characters, dangerous foes, diverse landscapes, and chickens...lots of chickens.
- Find and Collect Hundreds of Weapons, Unique Items, and Armor Pieces – Collect hundreds of weapons, armor pieces, and unique items (have you ever collected unicorn poop, or used a chicken launcher?) during your heroic journey and use them to customize your character’s abilities and inventory.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent with SSE2 support) running at 1.7 GHz or greater
- Memory: 1 GB of ram, 1.5 GB (Vista and Windows 7)
- Hard Disk Space: at least 2 GB of free HD space
- Video Card: ATI Radeon X1900 GT 256MB and the Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB cards; Shader 2.0 and 24 bit depth buffer support required
- DirectX®: DirectX9 Jun 2010
- Local co-op requirements: A controller is required for the second player
Mac System Requirements
- OS: Mac OS X v10.5.8 or v10.6+
- Processor: Intel
- CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB free disk space
- Video Card: ATI Radeon x1900 or better / NVIDIA 8600 or better
- Video Memory (VRAM): 128 MB or higher
DeathSpank and the DeathSpank logo, Hothead and the Hothead Games Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hothead Games, Inc. in the U.S., Canada and other countries.
More like this
44 of 50 people (88%) found this review helpful
180 products in account
13.0 hrs on record
Greetings gamer wench! Or should I just call you Tina? I am DEATHSPANK, vanquisher of evil, dispenser of justice and a hero to the downtrodden. Review this game you say? Who needs reviews when we can have disco night? I, DEATHSPANK slay my enemies with impeccable grace while also looking good in purple (no actual chickens were harmed in the duration of this game). My goal is to find THE ARTIFACT, which I need, because of reasons, while my source of power comes from a special thong as well as a finely maintained dental line. But the most important thing of all is that where DEATHSPANK is involved, justice is served just like my tea: with two sugars, a little lemon, and a splash of milk.
20 of 20 people (100%) found this review helpful
12 of 13 people (92%) found this review helpful
466 products in account
10.4 hrs on record
All in all a pretty solid game. The humor is fun if it's your type of humor (ex: She took the "fun" out of orphan). The controls are smooth and easy to use (used a controller - not sure if keyboard/mouse is as good). The overall story is decent. The teleport system could have used a bit more guidance. Big + is the achievements are easy to get -- 100% in about 10 hours of gameplay -- for people who go for achievements. I enjoyed the animation as well. Recommended.
9 of 9 people (100%) found this review helpful
96 products in account
12.9 hrs on record
If DeathSpank has anything to offer, it is charm. And orphans. It's a simple action slash RPG game that does all the heavy lifting for you. All the armor and weapons you receive upgrade automatically, and really the only effort you need to maintain your inventory is making sure you have enough space for everything. There are a lot of side-quests but mostly all of them are pretty simple and straightforward, and aren't really necessary in completing the game. This is a funny game with an outrageous plot and wacky characters, so it just wants you to sit back and have a good time. It's not trying to be more than what it is, and it knows that. I recommend playing the game on Hard if you want some sort of challenge, reading every dialogue option to get the most out of the humor in the game, and to take your time. You can get all the achievements in one play through and it's really all you need.
8 of 12 people (67%) found this review helpful
246 products in account
1.7 hrs on record
Jim Ward and Jennifer Hale are among the voice acting heavyweights in this fusion of Diablo-esque adventuring and Sierra-style humor. It's like an immature adult's show that if you just tone your wits down just right, you'll enjoy every stunning-looking moment of.
Best experienced with XBOX Controller.
Best experienced with XBOX Controller.