o Dedicated server now works on Linux. It can be downloaded using HLDSUpdateTool for Linux, using gamename "serioussam3-linux". o SeriousEditor can now natively import and export meshes in Wavefront .obj format. You may need to reset the Common toolbar in mesh editor to see the new buttons for it. o Various fixes and improvements in script edit control in SeriousEditor: added scrollbar, fixed scrolling errors, fixed rare crashes in undo/redo, better assignment of variable on drag&drop of entity from world, some other small fixes. o Fixed severe visual errors on GI baking that happened when models had compressed normals. o Fixed rare server crashes caused by malformed RPC messages from client. o When server has problems executing an RPC, client ID and name are output to log, and the client is disconnected to prevent further damage. If client cannot execute receives an exception when trying to execute an RPC, it will disconnect from the server. o Fixed some minor issues in menus when rendering for stereoscopic display. o Fixed problems with some shaders not being rendered correctly under OpenGL. o Fixed Chinese and Japanese versions of Kanji characters mixing up in some cases. Now Japanese glyphs have precedence when using Japanese locale, and Chinese glyhps when using Chinese locale. o Fixed an issue causing snapping instead of smooth transition between fire animations on player model in some cases. o Character animation selection system was changed to facilitate more complex combinations of legs and torso animations. o Fixed an issue causing scaffolding pole to remain on third person player model when switching weapons or performing melee while scaffolding pole is equipped. o Created new jump animations for player character. o Created some more player animations for swimming/diving while carrying explosives or sledgehammer. o Added support for Raw Input for mouse and keyboard, enabled with inp_bRawInput. This should give more precision in mouse reading, for those who want every micrometer of aiming accuracy.
o Added support for AlienWare LightFX effects. o Fixed a number of issues (mainly related to HUD and menus) when using stereoscopic 3D rendering. The game should now look good in stereo 3D. o Added GPU quality profiles for ATI Radeon HD 7000 series. o Voice chat now uses internal protocol with Speex compression. This lowers the bandwidth requirements for the voice traffic and makes voice transfer less bursty. o Different screen layout configurations can now be chosen when playing in split-screen. o Reworked a number of models by adding some more LODs for them, optimizing their geometry, fixing some errors etc. This should improve performance and used memory somewhat. o Created some more swimming animations for player character.
o Fixed crash that occurred when kicking a Soldier enemy with multithreaded rendering enabled. o Sniper zoom now works correctly regardless of aspect ratio. o When generating crumbs, normals and tangents are not created if source model's shaders don't need them. o Fixed some crashes related to text rendering when multithreaded rendering is used. o Added cvar 'mdl_bMorphedShadows' for controlling whether morph animations will be applied in casted dynamic shadows or not. (Default is disabled since it boost performance noticabely, while quality remains almost the same since morphs are used only for small model deformations and speaking.) o Fixed unresponsive safe area sliders in gfx options when adjusting window size. o Refactored implementation of font outline rendering to use a several times lower number of rendering calls. o The option 'prefer 3rd person view' is now taken into consideration to set appropriate avatar view mode. Manual command for toggling 3rd person view overwrites the cvar linked to menu widget, but this is temporary (i.e., not saved in player profile). o Sniper no longer shows crosshair in versus games. o Added cvar 'ogl_iStaticBuffersType' for selecting which buffer type to use for static buffers under OpenGL. (For performance testing purposes mostly.) When changed, cfunc 'gfxRefreshGeometry()' needs to be invoked manually. o Optimized in-game memory size of some model animations. o Fixed a possible crash occurring if player disconnects or dies while using Mutilator to get pulled by a Werebull. o Fixed an issue causing rocket launcher to appear unloaded (missing rocket attachment) if weapon is brought up immediately (such as when starting game at chapter with rocket launcher already equipped). o Enemies without assigned foe player were scheduling moving too often. Now they use less CPU. o Removed redundant changes of active texture unit in OpenGL. o Fixed issues with wrong filtering of some textures in some cases. o Reduced cases where rendering buffers get reallocated, e.g. for SSAO, haze, refraction, distance, sub-sampling and other aux buffers. o Fixed a rare crash happening when player disconnects while some enemy is having him as foe and doing obstacle avoidance. o Fixed an issue where picking up a weapon while already having full ammo of its type would not display a message to player to indicate ammo is full. o Tweaked HUD resolution-scale graph to fix an issue where certain HUD elements would overlap in low resolutions (800x600 and 640x480). o Fixed wrong trilinear dithering of shadows under OpenGL. ('ScreenPos' pixel shader input register doesn't have integer coordinates!) o Prevented appearing puppets from colliding with existing puppets and falling through floor upon appearing (common problem with "DigOut" spiders). o Implemented scriptable enemy despawning in case player is doing speed run. It is used on the last level for now. o Fixed an issue allowing player to move while performing spinning attack with sledgehammer. o Relaxed cases when puppets force their physics to activate, so enemies standing still on uneven terrain can use less CPU. o Fixed an issue causing Scrapjack's head to remain equipped on third person player model even if melee was interrupted before completion. o Optimized performance of flocking algorithms used by enemy in AI. o Fixed missing polygons on stairs used on IbnTulun level near mosque. o Fixed implementation of "Coin-op Co-op" achievement: player needs to finish all levels to get the achievement and is not required to be playing with other players. o Achievement completion checkboxes are now shown for all achievements which must be performed on all levels. o When storing level stats, all available level stats will be stored and all completed levels will be unlocked in profile. This is necessary as it sometimes happens that player profile doesn't get saved correctly (but stats are still stored in save game). o Statistics menu screen now shows statistics for all levels available in current game stats, not only for unlocked levels, as it happens that sometimes levels don't get unlocked even though they should be unlocked (probably a crash before profile was saved). o Optimized smart blur used with ambient occlusion. o Setting cvar 'prf_bShowFPS' to 4 now shows frame-rate variation for given timing interval. (Just below average FPS.) o Significantly improved performance in several different aspects of AI code in presence of a large number of active entities. E.g. when player spawns a lot of enemies while doing speedruns. o Fixed cases where too much memory was used if menu background level rendering was disabled. o Voice encoding quality can now be changed on the fly using svm_iVoiceEncodingQuality cvar. o Voice chat streaming sound limited to buffer at most 1 second of data (otherwise it was possible for it to accumulate lots of data while application was in background).
- Network priority for projectiles is now boosted dynamically for each player's connection so that he gets those projectiles that are more important to him first (those fired by him, or at him). - Optimized render target switching to improve performance on multi-GPU setups. - Optimized screen clearing for SLI setups. Can be tuned by new cvar 'gfx_iClearBeforeRendering'. - Fixed problem with too much shadow buffer clears when using muti-threaded rendering on multi-GPU setups. - Fixed problems and crashes with several renderables in multithreaded rendering. (Note that this still an experimental feature!) - Optimized memory usage for several multiplayer characters in team modes, by reusing same texture for red and blue, with dynamic colorizing in shader. - View bobbing option now also affects weapon bobbing and weapon swaying. - Fixed auto aiming (used by gamepads) on Warship enemy, so it aims for the right spot, not the center of the ship. - Added yet another controller preset. - Added some new swim and dive animations for the player (so user-made maps can use deep water). - Controller crouch command no longer displays player list. - Fixed controller being unable to skip intro cutscene. - Errors related to microphone settings are now classified as "log", as they are not actually a problem. - Optimized lightning particle effect implementation. On average, memory consumption is reduced by 50%, and performance is increased by 30%. - Limited maximum subdivisions on lightning particles to ensure the do not exceed reasonable time and memory boundaries. - Fixed potential crash after canceling a server list query. - Added Russian localization for Santa Sammy. - Fixed game freezing on entering menus via right arrow keyboard key. - Updated in-game and in-editor console line editor to support unicode strings. - Updated slider to fade out its value when widget is not on the active menu. - Fixed graphics options defaults not resetting FOV value to default. - Aiming hint for Devastator will not be shown if the user doesn't own the Devastator scope DLC. - Fixed a possible crash occurring in a rare situation of player picking up a scaffolding pole while some client is connecting. - Fixed an issue with wrong weapon shooting placement on hands weapons if they are used after "getting up from the floor" player animation. - Fixed an issue causing Mutilator to sometimes fail to work on client if it's not rendered on server. - Console font is now an OpenType font (DejaVu Mono), instead of a fixed bitmap, thus it supports a wide range of non-ascii characters and different scaling. - Added console font scale cvar. - Disabled cheat menu access during level loading. - Fixed Khnum sliding after melee. - Fixed endless loop at game start under OpenGL; waiting for all shaders to be pretouched (which never happens in OpenGL).
- Added Santa Sam and Santa Sammy models. - Split screen game was erroneously requiring user to be online. Fixed. - Split screen users (other than the first one) couldn't configure gamepad settings. Fixed. - Set up dpad icons for star shaped weapon list. - FOV slider now shows its value. - Moved FOV menu slider to graphics options. - Changed FOV lower bound from 75 to 60 degrees. - FOV override now works in versus games. - Fixed "pause" text being visible on client when game starts. - Fixed single player loading screen sometimes being shown instead of multiplayer one when loading in multiplayer. - Fixed an issue which prevented showing of message when a secret is found. - Added safety to fix cases when achievements are sometimes not registered by Steam (probably if connection fails temporarily while playing). They will be stored internally and re-awarded later. - Changed sort order of achievements in achievement menu (so related achievements are listed together). Also, unlocked achievements come before the still locked ones. - It is now synchronized whether server is still loading so it is not allowed for (vote) force game start during that time. - If server was still loading and one of the clients finished loading, that client would start the game although server was not ready. Fixed by switching status to "Waiting for players to load" if server is loading. - Added safeguard against loading screen exiting before game is fully synchronized to the client. - Fixed falling through floor if crouching while jumping on extremely low frame rates. - Fixed player's corpse respawning at chapter after being eaten by sandwhale in Team Survival mode. - Made player details menu title use a font which is not in uppercase, so player's name is shown in its original form. - Fixed aux buttons in loading screen sometimes not working during multiplayer loading. - Fixed looping fire animation remaining on player's third person model even after weapon runs out of ammo and is replaced. - Fixed problem with player exiting the loading screen if trying to initiate a vote while another vote is already in progress. - Reduced number of current render-target changes when rendering shadow's cascade or faces. - Optimized collection of depth prepass, fast-lights and shadows commands. - Fixed double creation of ingame menu when invoked via F10 from loading screen. - Loading screen now uses a checkbox character for readyness toggle button text (should be more intuitive than "set ready"/"set not ready" texts). - Fixed some string formatting error in Chinese locale table. - Disabled ingame menu invocation from the loading screen if the menu button is not visible. - Adjusted image frame in session info menu according to its image aspect ratio. - Fixed an issue which would cause scaffolding pole to sometimes remain locked in player's hand if it is used in combination with melees. - Fixed preview menu popup that happens when closing multichoice or string input menu. - Fixed menu transparency issues visible in low framerate.
- Added Show Hints option in Game Options menu. - Fixed reload animation sometimes being stuck when playing in 3rd person. - Enemies that somehow manage to fall into void are now killed automatically, so fight scripting doesn't get stuck. (This is a general safety fix for all levels.) - Added safeties to make sure Biomech boss on Broken Wings always starts, even if not all enemies are killed before. - Zooming on weapons with a scope (Devastator, Sniper) is now disabled while player is sprinting. - Fixed some rare problems when attempting to change weapons while doing melee or throwing a melee trophy. - Old School Achievement now shows which levels it is fulfilled for. This is visible in checkbox form in achievements menu. - Fixed text stretching on targeted player name in split screen mode. - Fixed FOV cvar not being saved - Fixed wrong subtitles on Khnum Boss fight in Unearthing The Sun. - Serious Sam Classic Gold is now much more golden. - Added Game Time Display and FOV Override to Advanced Options menu. - Added localizations for some strings that were still untranslated. - Voting now works during loading. - Implemented vote to force game start (can be used when there are players which have loaded the current level and at least one is ready if using in-menu warmup).
- Fixed older saves not being loadable after the first update. This version should be able to load saves from any of previous two versions. - Fixed some rare cases where player disconnecting at a very particular moment would make some parts of gameplay scripts to break (usually not spawning some enemies or similar). - When several players are standing in front of ammo crate and one of them opens the crate, ammo will be awarded to all of them, not only to the one who opened it. - Fixed cases when player disconnecting while standing on an item could crash the server. - Fixed scripted flashlights (e.g. Spooky Secrets) not working on client. - Player carrying a flag in CTF cannot sprint now. - Fixed a crash that could happen at random when Technopolip was killed. - Fixed a problem where sometimes all Gnaar melees in the game were long melees, instead of quick ones. - Fixed "Old School" achievement flagged as failing if pressing the reload binding even if the reload didn't actually happen. It will now fail only if the reload was actually performed. - Prevented crash that happened if Cheat menu was accessed during level loading. - Fixed quick weapon swap sometimes remembering the wrong weapon.
- Fixed data missing from some formatted texts in German language - Fixed Moddable (unrestricted) version of the game not launching if autoexec.cfg is present. - Fixed player sometimes getting into state with no weapons when respawning in Versus, or crossing levels.