Super-speed RPG sequel Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming hits Steam April 4th for $999.99
Finally localized in English, the long-awaited second game in the Half Minute Hero series comes exclusively to the PC via Steam.
Tokyo – April 1st, 2014– After a long wait, fans of the super-speed RPG Half Minute Hero will finally be able to experience the sequel in English. Published by Marvelous AQL; Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming will be available for Windows® PC exclusively via Steam on April 4th. The game will launch at a price of $999.99, making it the most expensive Steam game in the history of mankind. Fear not, as owners of the first game on Steam will automatically receive a 25% discount on the sequel.
Along with a robust single-player campaign, the game features four-player multiplayer with lobbies, an infinite battle mode and a time attack mode. The PC version has been upgraded above and beyond the original Japanese PSP release, and now features full Steam Workshop support with the included (mouse supported!) map editor, so that users can create, share, edit, vote and play new multiplayer maps for the game. An upgraded “Goddess Room” also holds an art gallery, a music player, and a couple more surprises for fans of the series. Last, but not least, the game supports the Oculus Rift headset for virtual reality gaming.
Is all of the above information true? Nope! In fact, some of it might be outright lies! Can you guess which?
We invite everyone to become a fan on Facebook or follow @halfminutehero on Twitter where you can take part in quizzes over the next few days for a chance to win a free copy of the game, and for free merchandise ,exclusive artwork, and more!
About Marvelous AQL
Marvelous AQL, Inc. (Public, TYO:7844) is a leading publisher and developer of console, social and mobile games, known for games like No More Heroes, Harvest Moon and Half Minute Hero. Created as a result of a 2011 merger between publishers Marvelous Entertainment, AQ Interactive and mobile/ social developer Liveware.
Steam, created by Valve Corporation, is the leading platform for PC and Mac games and digital entertainment, serving over 1800 games to over 60 million active users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.
-The user can now select whether to display keyboard keys or controller buttons for in-game prompts as follows:
- Boot the game
- Select "Help & Options"
- Select "Key Config"
- Use either the right and left arrow keys or the directional pad on your controller to toggle the display.
- Hightlight "Settings" and push the "A" button on your controller or the "C" key.
- Players' graphical preference will now be saved upon selection and loaded when game is continued.
- Note that you will still need to switch to Classic mode to play the classic Evil Lord 30, Princess 30, and Knight 30. You will have to switch to
Neo-Cartoon graphics when you wish to play the newer versions of them, which consist of one stage each.
- The bomb and Holy Grail are now assigned to the correct button.
- Client players will now be moved to the main menu when the host quits in multiplayer.
- Stability improvements inlucing but not limited to:
- Game no longer crashes when paused in Retro Mode
- Alt-Mission 26 no longer crashes in Neo-Cartoon Mode
- Classic Princess 30 no longer crashes in Mission