Do not buy this game.
Many people gave this game a bad review because the many changes in the game formula. Is fair to say that this is not a sequel to Command & Conquer, It is much more like a action strategy spin-off.
That is not the reason why this game is bad, but here are some reasons why you should not buy it:
- Permanent online connection require to play. In the middle of the campaign EA servers went down and now i simply can't play until they decide to go back up. Now i am here, angry, writing a review.
- Requires you to login and input your password every time you start the game.
- Unskippable cutscenes
- Lack of mission variety, is most of the time build troops and walk around the map destroying everything in empty skirmishers style maps. Is really hard to believe that this game was released in the same year that Starcraft 2 came out.
- The new mechanics are really average, there is not much do to. They cut out resource collection, all you do is choose the appropriate MCV to the situation and walk with your troops.
- Units are ultra resilient. It may take minutes of firing to kill an enemy armada. Combat is not fun.
Edit: You also lost the mission progress when the game lose connection.