Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Construct the city of the 21st Century with City Life! City Life 2008 Edition is a next-generation City Builder. Its 3D game engine provides a level of detail and animation unprecedented in the City Builder genre, with total freedom of construction.
Release Date: Jul 18, 2008
Watch HD video
About the GameConstruct the city of the 21st Century with City Life!
City Life 2008 Edition is a next-generation City Builder. Its 3D game engine provides a level of detail and animation unprecedented in the City Builder genre, with total freedom of construction. From superb villas in residential neighbourhoods to imposing skyscrapers in the financial district, design, construct and develop the city of your dreams. Provide comfort and satisfaction for your citizens by offering them work, health care, entertainment facilities, and much more, and ensure that your city’s coffers are brimming. It’s up to you to manage your city efficiently, balancing booming development with the problems of pollution and traffic that this brings. Build a sense of community between the six unique subcultures, or pay the price if their relationships deteriorate into conflict or riots. You are the architect, mayor and business mogul!
City Life 2008 Edition contains all the content of the previous versions, adding a further 23 new maps and over 60 new buildings, including landmarks such as London’s Royal Opera House and St. Paul’s Cathedral. Over 360 buildings are at your disposal in this latest version. You now have the possibility to import satellite maps, heightmaps, and other user-generated terrain into the game. Use your imagination to create ever more spectacular towns, or recreate the exceptional cities of the real world!
- Gigantic city building simulation with high performance 3D engine.
- Explore 50 maps in five different environments.
- 360° camera rotation and zooming allows you to dive into the heart of your city and observe its inhabitants.
- Six unique subcultures with specific expectations and needs.
- Play in Scenario or Free Mode.
- New import tool for satellite maps and heightmaps.
- A powerful building creation tool based on a modular system. No technical skills required, only your imagination.
- Supported OS: Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2/XP/Vista
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Processor or the equivalent
- Graphics: DirectX® 9.0c compatible 64 MB 3D graphic card (GeForce 4Ti or Radeon 8000)
- DirectX® Version: DirectX® 9.0c or better
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Sound: Sound Card compatible with Direct X® 9
- Hard Drive: 4.5 GB free space
© 2007 Monte Cristo Multimedia. All rights reserved. Monte Cristo and its logo are registered trademarks of Monte Cristo Multimedia. All other trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.
5 of 8 people (63%) found this review helpful
53 products in account
1.2 hrs on record
Much like Cities XL, this too is another Sim City knock off. However, with the current SimCity game sucking balls, I recommend trying this game out as well. It is a little more detailed than Cities XL.
3 of 6 people (50%) found this review helpful
2 of 5 people (40%) found this review helpful