Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for the award-winning game that has become an instant world-wide hit. Paying homage to some of history's greatest military leaders, the expansion delivers six unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their...
Release Date: Jul 24, 2006
View all 5 screenshots
Notice: Civilization IV®: Warlords requires the Steam version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV to buy.
Buy Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords
Packages that include this game
About the Game
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords is the first expansion pack for the award-winning game that has become an instant world-wide hit. Paying homage to some of history's greatest military leaders, the expansion delivers six unique and interesting scenarios, giving players the chance to change the course of history with the help of their new powerful "warlord" unit. Civ IV: Warlords includes new civilizations, leaders, units, and wonders that offer even more fun and exciting ways for players to expand their civilization's military power as they strive for world domination.
- Warlords: a new great person type called the Warlord.
- Vassal states: conquer an enemy and subjugate them to your rule.
- Game scenarios: the expansion delivers eight scenarios.
- New civilizations: the pack provides six new civilizations and associated unique units.
- Civilization leaders: 10 new leaders, including leaders for the new civilizations as well as additional leaders for existing civilizations.
- Leader traits: two new leader traits.
- New wonders: three new wonders.
- Unique buildings: each civilization has a new unique building as well as their unique unit.
- New units, resources, and improvements: many new items are presented throughout the scenarios.
- Core game tweaks and additions: expanded features and gameplay tweaks made to the core game.
- Post-release patches and game upgrades: the pack contains all of the patches and game additions (pit boss, etc.) yet released for Sid Meier's Civilization IV.
PC System Requirements
Minimum: 1.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent, 256MB RAM, 64 MB Video Card w/Hardware T&L (GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 or better), DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card, 1.7 GB of free hard drive space, Direct X 9.0c (included)
Recommended: 1.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent/better, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB Video Card w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel and vertex shaders), DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card, 1.7GB of free hard drive space, DirectX 9.0c (included)
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS:
Windows 2000 (plus Service Pack 1 or higher), Windows XP (Home or Professional) (plus Service Pack 1 or higher)
*Requires Sid Meier's Civilization IV to play
Mac System Requirements
- OS: Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, and 10.6
- Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel
- CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1GB or higher
- Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Video Card: (ATI): Radeon 9600 Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 5200
- Video Memory: (VRam): 128 MB
- Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. Internet play requires broadband connection.
- Media Required: CD Drive
- NOTICE: Apple original CPU’s only, CPU upgrades not supported.
- NOTICE: Intel integrated video chipsets (GMA 950) are not supported. Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7300, 7800 ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X1600, X1900
- REQUIRED: FULL VERSION OF Civilization IV for Mac OS X TO PLAY