* The controls
are okay, but don't feel "right"
* There seems to be a slight delay between a button press and the action
, maybe caused by vsync. But there is no option to disable vsync.
* The jump
has a fixed height
. You have air control, but the movement feels fast and imprecise. Good luck jumping on moving and disappearing platforms.
* The melee attack
has a very short range
. Since you move too fast, sometimes it is hard to get close enough to attack without being hit.
* You can jump on top of some enemies, but that just bounces you back up; it does not damage them. However, given how imprecise the controls are, it is very likely you will miss and get hurt.
* You can pick up some objects or dead enemies and throw them. However, the throwing has a fixed angle/distance, you can't throw in any direction
. Also, some objects/enemies are heavier (but some stuff that looks large and heavy is not heavy, such as a table, a wardrobe or a clock).
* When there are multiple overlapping objects/enemies to pick up, Sarah never picks up the one that I expected.
* There is a water river in castle 3. The water current will move you, but it won't move any object or dead enemy. That's an arbitrary design decision that makes no sense and breaks the player intuition.
* The water continues to move you sideways even while you are jumping and not touching the water anymore.
* The fire enemy survives water.
* The camera tries to help by moving a bit further while you are moving, but the effect is that the camera looks drunk
. Also, there are many traps outside the camera view
* Unskippable cut-scenes
that pause the action for too long with nothing happening
. That intro animation before the main menu shows up? Unskippable. That boss animation? Takes a while doing nothing. That Game Over screen? Get used to it, it takes a while to get back to action.
* Cheap traps
, such as a dozen moving platforms with random bats moving around and spikes at the bottom.
* Bosses requires too many hits
, so that the boss fights become boring.
* Bosses feel unpolished
. The lava attack from the flying demon boss destroys any enemies, even those that are safe under the platform. However, in the Cursed mode, bats still spawn behind the lava and you can't see them until they hit you. The head animation from the knight from castle 5 is buggy (it starts flying back even when the player is picking it up, and then it teleports back to the player; a second head drops down even after the boss is defeated if it is defeated while throwing the head).
* Very disappointing true last boss fight.
* Random crashes
Overall, this game induces rage-quit
feelings. It is not complete garbage, but it is not polished enough.
On the bright side, the graphics are good. If this game by just one person alone, congratulations! Making and releasing a game is not easy.