Please note this is an early access game and I bought it heavily discounted, neither I've looked at the dev page to see which features will be available in future, so this is just my first impression after finishing the first scenario.
- There is no map, no introduction to the story and the basic tutorial gives too few hints
- The game so far is really linear, but could improve later. Basically is like an HOMM game where you buy units, explore, collect gold, kill enemies and repeat the cycle. But at the moment there is no loot system, so you always find only gold. Also it seems you are stuck with a certain type of units (3) and can't recruit / find different units, but this could be just at the beginning and heroes could change later in the game.
- The camera is fixed, I don't really see the purpose. In certain situations will move in a completely different angle while you are walking making you lose where you were going (add on top of this that there is no map)
The good sides:
- The spell system is the thing that distinguishes this game from the others. You have to draw the lines on your screen and then select the enemies. Faster you are, stronger is the spell. If you don't remember a spell sign, you can always select it from the spellbook but this will make it less powerful. I did not really notice so much difference, but probably with stronger spells and more balanced game in future this will be more noticeable.
- It's really simple and for this price the final edition of the game can fill the void while waiting for your next favourite AAA game
I will play a little more later and update the review and keep looking for updates to see the progress, I'd recommend this game only to people in search of something different and willing to give some trust to developers. But before that, please look at their pages and what they have to say and if you agree or less with them and if they are going to fill the gaps already mentioned in this and other reviews. I don't feel like this is a tablet game, can have his say even on a PC.