Have you ever seen the movie "THE NAME OF THE ROSE" with Sean Connery and Christian Slater? Or better, have you ever read the book (Il Nome della Rosa, author: Umberto Eco) from which it was inspired?
If the answer is: YES, you already know the plot of this game, generally speaking!
If not, here is a summary of it:
Medieval Age, two monks arrive at an ancient and famous Abbey where are happening strange things: bloody incindent, murdered people and. apparently, even a ghost that haunted the library of the Abbey.
So the task to solve these mysteries is put in the hand of the two monks: Leonardo (guess who is that gave the inspiration) de Toledo and his disciple Bruno (a young dumb irritating boy). They find, obviously, difficulties, silence and boycott, especially when they try to investigate deeper in the library, the very heart of the Abbey, and it seems the very heart even of this murdered.
Who is behind these terrible deeds, who is the architect of these ferocius foul playes, a devil or a human being? And above all, why is this library important? What is the misterious secret concealed inside it that needed to be guarded so thightly to drive someone to kill to protect it ?...
You want to know? Play the game
1) the plot was interesting and amusing
2) the dialogues are good and well speaked
3) the graphics are in cartoon style (so pretty at eye)
4) the gameplay is not excellent, there is not tutorial, and even if this game is a point&click adventure, not all is so obvious: for example, the inventory is showed, when you move the cursor on top of the screen, as a sort of curtain)
5) the main menu is in spanish language (that's ok), but I can't figure out a way to name my saving, so there was no name of the saving, no timing, only a series of "?????". So, fix in your mind what was the last scene in which your characters were, otherwise you will be stuck in the search of the right savegame
6) there isn't a Map, so no way to move fast: you need get through all the location one by one every time you need to move (and you have to move a lot through the various locations)
7) the pace of game is slow
That is why my rating for the game is 7/10