“So long as the opposing forces are at the outset approximately equal in numbers and moral and there are no flanks to turn, a long struggle for supremacy is inevitable” (General Sir Douglas Haig - British commander)
Praised for its historical accuracy and its capacity to properly cover a huge conflict that involved thousands of men and units, Ageod’s WW1 wargame, To End All Wars, amazed history buffs last summer. However, the huge scale of the Grand Campaign was demanding a lot of time and a deep involvement from the players. So the developers went back to the WW1 battlefields and selected a list of smaller scenarios able to not only offer an original approach of the war, but also to provide true tactical operational challenges to their fans!
As a result, we are pleased to announce today a first expansion called Breaking the Deadlock, introducing some key confrontations of the Great War!
The game features five historical scenarios:
- Serbia (1915) covers the decisive Central Powers offensive in Serbia dedicated to secure the area and build a safe and effective supply chain between Germany and the Ottoman Empire.
- Rumania (1916) narrates the entry of Rumania into the war on the Allied side after having been neutral for 2 years, and the Central Powers rapid counterattack in the Balkan theatre.
- Caporetto (1917) begins with the Germans sending support to the Austrian army on the Italian Front, resulting with some unconventional warfare tactics based on gas attacks and use of assault troops.
- Palestine (1917-1918) the British and Ottoman Empires confront each other in the Middle Eastern theatre. Players will have to deal with logistic challenges and unusual terrain types to be victorious on this exotic battlefield.
- 1916 Campaign (1916-1918) is a fresh new starting point of the Grand Campaign. Victory has not picked her side yet!
The game is currently in a late beta stage and will be available on February the 24th.
Get more information on To End All Wars – Breaking the Deadlock from its official product page.
Following the release of To End All Wars last summer, the biggest Great War strategy game gets a huge update today! Thanks you the great feedbacks on the game, we have been able dig into the code to create a much improved overall experience for this already solid game. The patch includes a great number of fixes, such as some of the strange naval movements in the Atlantic Ocean, as well as balance changes, including the artillery rework. Further changes include the addition of new generals (with historical pictures!) as well as various AI logic improvements. All of this underlines the developers’ continued support for To End All Wars in cooperation with the great community!
The patch will be downloaded automatically as soon as it is available via your Steam client.
Change History v1.01:
• Grand Headquarter can have more armies.
• TrenchLevel memory: If you have at least 50% military control, you can get the previous trenches of the region!
• Improved supply in-stack distribution
• Stacks helping others through MTSG will be placed back in their original region, even if in retreat. Posture will be defensive, not passive.
• Stacks assaulting a structure and ordered to retreat will simply stop the attack.
Interface & engine
• Decision cost added instantly to interface.
• Fixed negative display loss in resources.
• Fixed reversed battle plans effect display
• Fixed bullets display in cityscape
• Message panel opens on scenario start (allows seeing first red pop up)
• Fixed resources costs display issue (gui game options)
• Fixed crash in stack panel
• Added back random variation in display loss
• Commander in Chief indicator shown in Stack panel (in yellow and in tooltip on unit)
• Music sound volume can now be tweaked (yeah!) - need editing a file though:
• you can alter music volume by adding a value between 20 and 100 in UserInterface.opt
• inoMusicVolume = 60 // music volume, default is 60
• Tooltips are shown in hosting if battle report or planner visible
• Can see up to 20 nation tags in recruit panel
• Regions list show ammo amounts only in the supply column
• Supply filter (2) improved
• Fixed railpool value disappearing if at the low level
• Flag shown during an ongoing battle will be the one of the Commander in chief.
• Fixed a display glitch in message panel
• Battle planner improvements:
o Day of battle shown
o Colored, more detailed battle plans description with advice
o Terrain tooltip shown on terrain icon
• Up to 3 leaders (the most important ones) per side shown, with tooltip indicating their command
• % of your troops (and number of elements) in infantry, cavalry, artillery, tank. Same for the enemy.
• Most preeminent posture shown for you and enemy. If low cohesion, special indicator.
• In Ledger, Unit List, units under construction are now shown as fixed.
• Enlarged Event window for better readability
• New option (Main Menu/Options/Media Tab) to get back the old postures/ROE buttons
• Equipment captured during battle traced in turn history
• Can't enter anymore (and erroneously) in structures not designed to handle sieges
• When doing drag&drop, name of over region appears
• Added 2 moddings options for script command AlterCuSubUnit : SetSupplyPerc & SetAmmoPerc
• Can open saved game folder in Load Game Window, if doing a ctrl-click on the game icon
• Fixed a display bug in region list leading to false infos
• Ammo trains gauge now displays ... ammos!
• Innate supply production of a region is now shown in the first structure tooltip when checking structures by ctrl-click.
• Also corrected supply and assets production not taking into account loyalty/alignment
• Tooltip background rectangle can have color and opacity changed by modding
Historical setting, data and events
• Fix for weird off map naval moves in the Atlantic Ocean
• Events to cover arrival of US forces in France.
• Added AI events for key landings (Basra, Dardanelles, Riga Gulf, Finland)
• Exported 2 new scenarios (West 1914, East 1914) for further testing – please provide feedback
• Spanish translation included: many thanks to Picaron and Haplo for their precious help
• German translation included: many thanks to Dominic and Gerd for their precious help
• More ammos on units, revised artillery usage and power
• Reintroduced the Baltic Shipping box as a shipping/commerce offmap box, for supplies and trade
• 17 new Russian generals (with their pictures) added + fix to 5 other Russian generals
• Fixed missing RR links in southern Finland (Helsinki-Lovisa-Kotka)
• Added Events for Japanese siege and assault on Tsingtau (only if Japan joins the entente)
• Added Events for heavy warships 1914 under construction (GER, FRA, RUS and AUS)
• Fixed double generals (Artamonov at start, Sarrail when Salonika option taken)
• All 3*** leaders CombatDeathChance set back to 0, to avoid losing a GHQ commander from a stray bullet...
• NavalBase / TradePort: SupplyWant & AmmoWant level increased (3 to 8)
• Islands and off-map regions local supplies increased, should help fix Singapore or Helgoland issues
• Army_GER_Riemann : file named erroneous, now fixed (added correctly named file)
• Leader Savov (BUL) missing pictures added + Fixed errors in other portraits
• Added more corps names for factions to avoid blank names when exceeding the 100 mark.
• SplitLargeStacks anti doomstack algorithm
• AI better at buying replacements and units
• AI Agents will be less predictable
• Tweaked AI so that commerce ships stay much more in commerce box
• AI less prone in retreating into structures in regions part of the front.
• Initial AI agents removed after 4 turns
• AI Agent infos on stack tooltip (debug mode only)
• Less recombination per turn
• AI help to construction of Anzac and Indian troops to Egypt
• AI will focus less on Antwerp
• AI will calculate fronts faster
“To End All Wars is a great old school wargame. It can be intimidating for newcomers, but it's worth a try just for its quality.”
85 – IGN Italia
“In the off chance that you're interested in seeing what the most serious of strategy games look like, then here's a perfect exhibit A for you.”
80 – Digitally Downloaded
“To End All Wars is one of the few games that aim to deliver an interesting experience based on one of the defining moments of the XX century”
70 – Softpedia
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.