I hope you gents wake up fresh and sufficiently rested, because today will be a long day. The enemy is awaiting us and he is heavily entrenched. But despite all the odds victory will be ours.
Because today is the day of the BIG update! Yes soldiers, Commander: The Great War is updated to version 1.6.2 and it's huge.
The changes are many and focused on giving more historical accuracy during the game. Now if a Capital city is captured a substantial national morale penalty will be applied, battleships have now been renamed DREADNOUGHTS and Britain has a larger navy than before.
Plus, two very useful functions have been added: "UNDO" for move and swap, and a "Go to next unit" button.
But it's not over!
Be sure to check the full list of changes and bug fixes here!
- UNDO for move and swap
- Go to next unit button
New on iOS:
- HD unit icons on Retina displays
Gameplay changes / balancing:
- Free Upkeep allowance is now zero,which means you now pay for each and
every unit on the map.
- Country PPs increased to offset the effects of the Free Upkeep allowance change.
- All Nations Man Power has been reduced, to a scale appropriate to
historic national forces levels per Country.
- Disband PP & MP returns have been altered,so that you now receive the
- If a Capital city is captured a substantial national morale penalty
will be applied. (NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Production & Research now shows time up to 50 turns.Allowing the a
player to keep track more easily off what new Tech will be available
in the future.
- Research Lab Upkeep cost reduced.
- Britain's starting land forces reduced to historical level.
- Britain now has a larger navy,twice the size of Germany for example. (RULE BRITANNIA )
- German navy now has research advantage,meaning her ships are
stronger,than any other fleet including Britain.
- The loss of a battlefleet in combat morale penalty has been
increased. (FOR BRITAIN NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Battleships have now been renamed DREADNOUGHTS!
- Dreadnought production cost reduced from 120 to 80 PPs.
- Pre-Dreadnought & Armoured Cruisers added to unit types,these can't be
upgraded or purchased.
- Cruisers have been renamed LIGHT Cruisers!
- NAVAL AI has been enhanced,making it more of a challenge.
- All air units have been toned down,as to there effectiveness,this is
World War One after all.
- Garrison,Infantry,Cavalry & Artillery now all benefit from Anti-Air
- Garrison & Infantry benefit from Entrenchment upgrade.
- Additional historical event messages,and City Captured event
messages,are now in game.
- Various Commander entry dates fixed
- Austrian & German Level 3 Fighter in game images corrected.
- Increased starting research levels for Russia & Serbia (Slightly reducing German research advantage in game turns)
- Increased PP For Russia + added new Infantry unit near Moscow 1914 scenario.
- Increased PP For Serbia + added 2 new Garrison units near Skopje 1914 scenario.
- Increased Ammunition production for Serbia from 2 - 3 per turn.
- Slight increased to entrenchment levels.
- Fixed Research Tech Tree display Scroll for all Countries.
- Tweaked City Production Points distrubtion for for all Nations.
- Campaign Scenario 1918 game time increased to 60 Turns (Extending the war well into 1919 and beyond !)
- Plus many other minor tweaks to game balance across all scenarios.
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn whend disembarking unit
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn when seasons changed
- Fixed a crash that could with certain sound cards
- Various other stability and fixes.
The Commander The Great War Open Beta Patch 1.6.0 is now life on Steam and for non-Steam users available in the Matrix Members area.
You don`t need to install any previous patches!
General tips for PC and Steam:
As this is an OPEN BETA and we have so many big changes to test, if you cannot handle the occasional bug or dont feel like helping us out ironing out any bugs you can find, please DO NOT participate in the OPEN BETA TESTING.
Multiplayer games for this OPEN BETA are on the BETA server, so you CANNOT continue ongoing games you will have to swap back to the official 1.5.2 version. But please start new MP games with the 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch, as we need some help testing here.
For Steam go to your Library, right-click on the CTGW game, select Properties, tab Betas and select "beta-"
- Verify the files before you fire up the game on Steam!!
How: Go to your Library, right-click the CTGW game, select properties, tab Local Files, select "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
- As this is an Open Beta Patch MP games are handled by Slitherine`s Beta Servers!!
How: So you will not be able to continue ongoing MP games, but start please new MP games to test!
For non Steam PC users, you can download the CTGW 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch from the Matrix Members area, it does not matter if you purchased your game on Matrix or Slitherine it will work for both, just make sure you have your serial number by hand (in your original purchase email or printed on your DVD!
How: Go to http://www.matrixgames.com/members/members.asp
Select register your game (you will need your serial number), after this you can find your registerd game under "My Games". Select and click "Registered" to download the zipped patch, open and follow install instructions.
CTGW 1.6.0 Open Beta Patch Change log can be found here:
Thank you for your patience, happy testing and enjoy the game.
“In my opinion Commander: The Great War is a must-have for anyone interested in this bloody conflict.”
“I heartily recommend Commander - The Great War to any passionate PC general.”
84% – GamersHall (German)
“Accessible and well-documented, without sacrificing challenge or strategy”
© 2012 Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Commander The Great War, Slitherine Ltd., Matrix Games Ltd., and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Developed by The Lordz Games Studio & Slitherine Ltd./Matrix Games Ltd.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.