STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Get one copy for yourself and give the other three to friends!
*Thank you for supporting Early Access! We couldn't do this without your participation, encouragement, and patience!*
I had originally intended to share this update last week but instead decided to spend the extra time improving performance and updating the flight controls. We worked straight through the weekend and have touched almost every system. We hope you'll be delighted with the new eating system, aerial acrobatics, growing/crafting system, updated shaders, dynamic sky, color palette, and more.
Of course, like any major patch, there will be bugs and tweaks. The list below details our patch notes.
Please let us know what you think!
It’s the end of June and version 8.5 is almost here! Thanks for your patience, the last few weeks have been intense and challenging, yet extremely rewarding and fun.
I also want to apologize for the lack communication. The team has been trying to find another great dev to join us for the last 8 weeks, to no avail. After much consideration, Grant (me) decided to move from a part-time developer to a full-time role. It’s taken a couple hundred hours for me to get up to speed, giving myself a crash course in Unity and C# and I still have a lot more to learn. I was nervous about reaching out and promising any particular development and didn’t want to scare you guys (our awesome players) or commit to anything before putting my head down and seeing if this is something I can handle.
It is, and I'm proud to share what we have for you.
We’ve still got a ways to go, but think you’ll like what we’ve put together. A lot of these systems are tightly coupled and it didn’t make sense to work on one, without the other. For example, the day/night system has to work intimately with our new dynamic sky and cloud system. These systems need to play well with the terrain, draw distance options, and our horizon generator.
Here are the new features of our world:
• High-rez textures, new shaders, far plane trees, terrain, and structures. A truly dragon size region, we're experimenting with 20x20km and 40x40km terrains. Players with powerful PCs can increase the draw distance of terrain and trees for miles, which really increases the immersion.
• Dynamic day and night cycle, new sky system complete with clouds, moons, stars, and ambient effects.
• New belly and growth mechanics Eating fallen prey fills your belly. This food is digested and converted into growth points, which can be used to grow new gear and upgrades for your dragon.
• Grow new weapons, armor, abilities We’ve implemented a fun, crafting like system for your dragon. Spend growth points you’ve earned from hunting and quests to grow new jaws, breath weapons, scales, abilities and more. Unlock new upgrades, body parts, and special abilities or develop your own unique, specialized items. Stats are slightly randomized and different gear is tiered according to its power level and your dragon’s hoard requirements.
• Archer and Wizard Projectiles Archers, towers, wizards, cyclops, and enemy dragons can now aim at and shoot you. Hails of arrows and spells will greet unwanted visitors to human lands. Cyclops (and other monsters) are now even more threatening when they throw boulders and other dragon-smashing projectiles at you.
Although under continuing development this game is being sold AS IS. At this time we cannot guarantee that Dragon: The Game will run as intended on your PC, Mac, or Linux hardware.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.