It pains me to ride the update-hate bandwagon, but this update has made the game very bad. See those screenshots? Those were the glorious days of DubWars. Now it looks nothing like that.
I bought it for 5 dollars on sale, but this update makes the game worth less than that. 20 dollars? Skip it.
Honestly, this could very easily be a simple browser/flash game in its current graphics state.
Some pros and cons post-update 10/7/14
+ You can actually see where you are now (before the update, it was hard to see where the cursor was at)
+ A few weapons (very few) look better
+ Controller support. Even though I don't use it, controller users will have an easier time.
- Overall graphics are downgraded
- The game feels VERY slow now and is way too easy
- Main menu looks lame
- Main menu music is gone. You can only listen to it a few seconds at the loading screen
- Some random flying debris that looks like transparent PNG images
- Game looks a lot more 2D
- Game feels very unfinished, whereas before the update it actually felt quite finished except for the lack of songs
- Speaking of lack of songs, it's been forever since the game was released (on Ouya) and there's STILL ONLY 5 SONGS
- Some moving background parts look like they were made in MS Paint
- Some weapons feel off-sync with the beat
- For the most part, the backgrounds look like simple images, whereas before the background actually changed and moved a lot to make the game more exciting. For example, look at 0:20 of the trailer video. See how the brain wiggles? Well, now it's just a still image. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when EVERYTHING becomes so still, the game just feels sooooooo slow.
Early Access is no excuse for an update that degrades a game. I wish I could get the old version back.