STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Desert Thunder has potential for being a decent game, but due to a lot of issues, I simply can’t recommend it. The graphics and the textures are decent, hence for 2003 they are pretty nice. The atmosphere is OK as well, probably a bit too large for some users, but I like large environments. You have to move your tank across an unspecified way (wherever you want), to reach the final destination. Throughout the way, you will find soldiers, tanks, mines, rocket launchers, etc. The audio is decent, hence the music is pretty bad. The gameplay is boring, all you have to do is literally to fire in the enemies and to shoot in the tanks… also, did I tell you that a small plank can stop your entire tank? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯… also, why in the love of Jesus would a tower drop literally from the first shot? This game is completely unrealistic. The story is boring… in the end it says that you won the battle and overall its dull. The user interface is well-optimized, with no bugs and a decent design. However, the menu is very poorly fitted up. There should be more options. The controls are not that great either. The engines… are not the best part…. Why? Well, the artificial intelligence is pretty damn bad. Then, the game itself feels a little buggy. The mechanics are also unrealistic, why wouldn’t an M4A1 move to 360 degrees, like in reality? The camera of the mechanics are also clunky. Overall, this game is nowhere to a pretty nice game, which is a short game, outdated from many points of view, and has a low variability of things. The price tag is nowhere close to 9.99$.
- Decent graphics and textures
- Combined environments
- Many destructible things
- Relatively nice audio
- A relatively nice voice acting
- Some decent engines
- Some decent mechanics
- A multiplayer and a CO-OP feature would be amazing feature
- Steam achievements and trading cards would improve the game
- A more complex menu would improve the user interface a lot
- All you have to do is to drive the tank and shoot other tanks
- It is way too short for the price tag, being the main reason I am not going to recommend it
- The game feels a little buggy to be honest
- Everything gets destroyed too easy
- The picking of the bonus item feels kind of weird
- The tank controls a bit awkwardly
- The music is not that good
- The artificial intelligence is nowhere close to perfect
- Low enemy variability
- A pretty problematic camera
- A dull story
- The turret doesn’t even rotate at 360 degrees
- The entire tank stops even if you hit a small plank, really?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.