Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Wow, this past month has been a bit of a whirlwind.
As you can probably see by now we're rebranding the game to "The Battle of Sol". This slight name change was done to further separate us from the original game. Why?
A couple of reasons but the primary one is that people were getting confused between the two. Hopefully, as word spreads this will slowly change.
So what's new in this update?
- Missions 3 and 6 have been completely overhauled.
- UCS Capital Ships are larger.
- Lots of balancing and bug-fixes.
- Fleet mode has been completely overhauled. Players now truly command a fleet a ships as you jump from sector-to-sector in search of fuel and salvage. We've incorporated a 3rd person (ship?) camera and you can now issue orders to your various ships to attack, launch fighters, repair, etc. Our goal for Fleet mode is to offer a very different, more systemic experience from the main campaign. Please check it out and offer as much feedback as you can. The mode still needs a fair bit of work but what's there should be enough to get a good sense of what we're aiming for.
As always please use the forums to let us know of any issues you run into and, of course, feedback everything that has changed!
Bit Planet Games
We just pushed a fairly large update to the game. Here are the notes:
- Missions 06 and 07 have been added. These are still in what I would consider an Alpha state so please let us know if you find any bugs.
- Lots of other misc. improvements across the game.
- Fleet mode has been given special attention in this update. We've greatly expanded upon the number of scenarios, added Leaderboard (!) support, and lots of UI tweaks and improvements. In fact, you can access this mode directly from the main menu. But we're not done with this mode yet as the next update will incorporate a Salvage system where you earn Salvage from destroying enemy ships to spend on Upgrades and Repairs for your ship and your Fleet.
- Fixed a resolution issue
- Added the COD Fighter cockpit. This is still in a very rough state but we wanted to get in the game sooner rather than later.
Lastly, we need your feedback on Fleet Mode (and the Campaign too). Everyone's voice counts and we've already made significant improvements to the game based on feedback received. Also, if you do like what you see please don't hesitate to give us a positive user rating and spread the word through various social networks!
Bit Planet Games
©2014 Bit Planet Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.