This game has such great potential, but it still needs some work done.
Pros & Cons
+ Historacly accurate events, such as the sinking of the Titanic, to Pancho Villa in Mexico, sometimes even the Soviet revolution.
+ Fairly easy to learn, atleast if you've played any of the other Making Historys
- Large ammount of bugs. Some make it unplayable.
- The AI is un beliavably too easy.
- No real challenge unless you play as a non-great power nation
- Absolutley NO tutorial
- Abolutley NO editor
+ Railroad & Road systems to move armies faster
+ The map is alot bigger from the previous MHs
- Research system is confusing, and clunky
- Pointless "Filler" Techs make it take way too long to research basic necessities
- Ending turns takes way too long mid/end game
- Camera does this stutter ♥♥♥♥ when you move it at all
+ Combat is a blast if bugs don't take over
+ Trenches are easy to make, and very usefull
- AI Dosen't use any fortifications to my knowledge
- Other nations often refuse any diplomacy, even a tiny trade agreement
- Overall un-enjoyable
Also, my main problem wit hthe game is how delayed it has been. I am dying for an editor or a tutorial, and that was supposed to go with the full release, which was supposed to be on July. This game is not even close to worth $30, and I would like to hear some dev feedback from this review.
I'd give this a 5/10. Below Average.
So, I put a few more hours in the game, and I have some more pros and cons
+ There are tons of cool events if you do certain actions, that add hours of enjoyment
+ Recent patch fixed some bugs
- Nations "Mobilize" Forces and declare war on you just for attacking the smalles nation by them
- Recources seem to just drop suddenly and randomly. Not sure why
- It seems impossible to secure an alliacne with another nation
+ The option to re-liberate a nation into anything you want is awesome, even how the flags change
- Some nations' AI personality is kind of innacurate
+ All games are completley random
That's about it, I am stating to enjoy this title more as I play it, but just can't reccomend it yet.
New final verdict = 6/10
*** UPDATE ***
Ah, new year, new updates. I decided to play Making History a bit more, and I have a new verdict & what-not.
They have improved & worsened some things in the game, one thing they improved, is increase the need for artillery.
However, it is ridiculous now. You could have 20 units of Infantry, V.S 3 Units of militia, and 10 Artillery pieces and lose that battle.
I'm not even joking. That can happen.
Also, I have no idea how to get more artillery, therefor the AI will get loads of victories over me.
And, they have improved the difficulty by half-way. The Entente is still way too easy. I can take over Germany as France in literally 5 Turns. Russia is how it should be, Britain, never played as them, so I don't know, but, for the Central Powers, (I.e AH or Germany) Is extremley difficult now.
I absolutley cannnot win as Germany, or AH, which actually makes me happy, that they are starting to make the game harder, but it would be nice to see the same for the Entente nations.
Oh, and one thing I am begging you, devs to change on release...
*MAKE BRITAIN'S AI USEFULL*
I cannot tell you how many times Britain just dosen't even give a ♥♥♥♥ about France losing the war. They will just ♥♥♥♥ there, and twiddle their thumbs watching their allies fight & die for their lives.
+ Central Powers is way harder
- Entenete is still way too easy
+ Artillery plays a large role in battles
- Artillery can be complteley over-powered
- AI Still dosen't use Trenches
+ Resources are now alot more stable
+ Even more ingame events
+ More intresting events
- Britain's AI is completley and utterly useless.
- Still useless techs
- Construction still way too long
- Recruitment still too long
Final Verdict = 6/10. Still not very good.