TL;DNR: The game is very, VERY well done, espicially at it's age. However, the slow pace and "early acess-ness" of this game may turn some off.
- Something about it makes it reeeeally hard to turn off the game, even when you realize you've been playing for a million years straight.
- The general in-depth "ness" of the game. It aint your average artillery game.
- The developers won't try to screw you over *cough* EA *cough*
- Finding a group to play with on multiplayer is kinda hard. (Most games seem to pop up at 3:00 PM PST)
- WiFi issues. While they aren't as bad as when the game came out (or so I heard), if you have a big game (try to limit your game size to 3), there WILL be issues.
- The slow pace may turn some off.
I'm a bit on the fence about the save feature; your planet has a limited amount of resources, meaning all games will eventually and enivitably end; a save feature would be nice, as these games can litrerally last forever.
But don't let any of the cons turn you down, the devs are hard at work making a singleplayer mode, stable WiFi connections for bigger games, and a save feature. And if the devs keep this up, the first con - the community being small - will go away, the community will get bigger.
And I can certainly recommend this to anyone, given they don't hate slow games. (Not FPS wise, as in gameplay wise)