Good to see someone put some effort in making a re-release for my all time favorite game, Z or well known as Commander Zod.
levels are exacly how i remembered them, not sure if this is a upside, new challenges has not been added, the upgraded version of the orginal Z also had 40 levels instead of the 20 in this release.
Hud and Gui are exacly the same as i have on my i-phone, when disabling music cutscenes are soundless too.
Mouse pointers have no indication or what they are going to do when you click, it could be move, destroy a bridge when not intended or attack your own factory.. fix please ?
And worse of all, there is no multiplayer while zod engine and even the orginal Z that was made for DOS and early stages of windows did have those options.
Upside still is you can change your resolution, menu's are horrible, scrolling speed is terrible, when you have multiple screens the mouse simple goes out of your primary monitor while playing, meening the game minimazes.
an real improvement would be the ability to add your own custom campagnes or those of others.
So, map editor like in the orginal version ?
So in a nutshell:
- Old fashion action you remembered.
- AI seems to be less ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ then in the orginal versions.
- Dificulty control
- Worth buying even through there are allot of things / features they have to fix and add.
- Horrible menu's / game controls, slow and mouse pointer dont indicate your actions.
- No multiplayer, this is a real downer for me, and is a must in Z !
- Direct port from mobile version, they have not took the effort to mask it up, since all the images / files are present in the pc version.