Ummm.... I expected better. I mean, this game does say it's an abstract bullet hell shooter and all that. I looked forward to it.
So what is this? This feels like something that mixes Hotline Miami, and Realm of the Mad God. The result? A complete and utter abomination.
How come? Well, I must admit I didn't play much of it, but that has to do with how unappealing the game actually is.
Why? I shall list the problems:
- The game starts with a slightly nauseating background at the start, I already felt this wasn't going to be that great.
- The game just throws you into the game saying "you must save 30 females" from the NOX and Ultraviolet, but you have basically zero clue what the hell these things are that you are shooting at...
- When there's text, it's ugly and sometimes typo-ridden.
- Well, technically almost everything in this game is ugly.
- The game explains NOTHING, but not in the Fly'N type of nothing where "just figure it out", no, it was 'designed' so that you'll be confused and mystified by the hideous visuals that are not just bad but confusing as hell
- You can buy things for money you obtain but you don't know what is what, there is a time limit that I'm not entirely sure what it is but it's instantly game over if you run out of it
- Technically the game design is uninviting, but it gets worse every second
- The music is absolutely annoying from the 10th second pretty much until you end the game
- If you ever liked Hotline Miami for its tactical play, well here all the skill you need is holding the left mouse button on your enemy and they'll die. Technically the enemies are not scaled to provide any challenge, they just die.
- When I stepped on an "arrow" sign that indicated that it progresses to the next level, I had to shoot images of a random girl's face by leftclicking them as they were scaling in size. The image had a white blackground, and there was a girl's face on it. Not even transparent, it was just an image clearly out of Paint. I was like, WTF IS THIS?
Honestly, reaching the time-limit game over was the best moment of this game, because the music ended. Wow.
Anyways, to sum it up:
- Bad visuals, bad gameplay, confusing gameplay, nonexistent story, everything is random, annoying one-track soundtrack, terrible level design, nothing makes sense, some enemies at random moments are images out of Paint, and the game is overall a complete waste of time.
But, to make this review worthwhile, I'll recommend a few games instead.
- If you're looking for an abstract slightly bullet hell-y shooter game, try Everyday Shooter.
- If you want a tactical retro style shooter, try Hotline Miami.
- If you hate yourself and want a game similar to this and it still sucks but at least there are others who share your pain, try Realm of the Mad God (yes, I don't like RotMG, but it's still better than this pile of).
- If you want a good shooter that is AMAZINGBALLZ, play Jets N Guns.
- If you want to support the creator of a game that actually involved lots of hours and tinkering for perfection and wasn't just some jumbled up nonsense to get some quick credits from unsuspecting people, and is actually in need of support; try Retro/Grade.
Just pretend this game does not exist.
EDIT: This review was made before the overhaul patch.
Once that comes out, I'll attempt to reevaluate the game, and I sure hope I'll like it.