I feel really disappointed after buying this. I thought it would be a straight up trivia game I could play with a couple of part on the couch using big screen. It isn't at all. It's an awful technical experience from 1995/2003. Do not buy this game if you want a fun time unless you love unreadable text and annoying voice-overs.
1. The latest game in the series on Steam is Vol 6, from 2003. Vol 1 is from 95, so expect the questions to be contemporary to then. The questions are also very US centric, which is a bit unfortunate if you're from another country.
2. You can't skip the intros on first place, which is especially annoying on 6 as it's got some boring pirate cosplay.
3. It entirely uses the keyboard. You can't rebind the keys. If you want to use a controller you need to use an external device such as joy2key.
4. Be ware: It's only 1,2, or 3 players.
5. There's basically no other options
6. Most of the questions and rounds are prefixed by an annoying, not-funny, try-hard voice over that you can't skip really skip. At least with the questions you can see the text and interrupt him. But then you have to listen to the quips over the answers.
and most of all:
It takes up the full screen, but only displays the actual game in a 640x480 rect in the middle of the screen. The rest of the screen is black. It is not proper full screen in the slightest. This is a complete waste of screen space for both monitors and TVs.
On the other hand: The questions are ok, if you're an American from the year 2000.
Posted: December 20th, 2013