April 9th, 2014
Hi everyone !
Here's a brand new build that introduces one major concept but mostly fixes several major bugs, and hopes to improve overall stability.
Here's the changelog:
-New immigration concept: Citizens from other empires can now migrate to your colonies and vice
versa, depending on several factors such as the living conditions, taxes and overall happiness of both your colonies and their native empire.
Immigration plays an important role on diplomacy and espionage and foreign grants for specific planets can be negotiated with other empires to ensure faster population growth.
- Major optimization in several areas of the game, major bug fixes and a tentative fix for the stability issues reported by several players. Some of the bug fixes include monthly payments, and missing generals in the Generals menu.
- Did some balancing on a few areas. For example, units can travel farther each turn and embassy and trade consulates won't have such a big impact on relations as they previously had, making it too easy to get another player to like you and arrange good deals.
- Updated galaxy view icons and symbol graphics for every race in the game.
As always, your feedback is very important for us so if you were one of those affected by these issues please let us know if this build fixed or at least improved the problem for you and if you noticed the framerate improvements.
March 28th, 2014
Hello Space Guv’nors !
We are back with a major new build: Alpha 18 ! This new build should kill off those dreaded stability issues introduced back in Alpha 17, and also adds a bunch of improvements and major new features.
Here's what you can expect:
- A budget adjustment screen is now available. You can now adjust the budget for crime, health and propaganda (if you have the respective domestic policy enabled), as well as research and social welfare. All this makes your economy more easily manageable and adds some more depth when it comes to empire managment.
- Added Social Welfare concept: The larger your population, the more expensive social welfare becomes. This helps balance mass colonization and can also be used as a means to fight poverty, strikes and rebel attacks for instance.
- Fixed stability issues. Due to people having so many different PC configurations we still need to check if everyone is able to play the game normally, so as always your feedback is very important for us.
- Renewed ship design component: We added a lot more depth to the ship design component and greatly improved the UI, with the possibility for instance to add more than one weapon in one ship. This isn't final and there are some placeholder graphics but all this will be addressed in the coming builds.
- We got rid of the double clicking to go the galaxy view, and got rid of the previous zoom limit, making it possible to play the game however you want.
- Balancing: ships move faster and can move further each turn than in the last builds, and taxing is more profitable than ever.
- Added several new random events.
- A new batch of bug fixes.
As always, we are looking forward to your feedback and thanks a lot for all the feedback we got so far. :)