April 14th, 2014
Another small update, still focusing mostly on stability for now:
- Added "auto-arrange" button to item containers
- Fixed a bug with duplicating swords in the inventory
- Fixed the bugs around buying buildings in towns and placing furniture in and around them etc. (Still buggy to import a game with purchased buildings though)
- Chain armour bench now actually uses chainmail as the resource
- Improved some of the error reporting details
- Fixed an occasional crash on loading from an existing game
- Fixed a portrait bug
- Found a few more smaller memory leaks that have been fixed
April 9th, 2014
Again like the last update, I have focused on making it more stable for now and avoided adding any major new code. There are however a few new crafting additions.
0.67.0 "Small things, stable things"
If your game was getting clogged up and slowing down, try importing to a new game now.
- Added a cloth crafting bench, and a load of clothing blueprints to buy
- Added in Drifter Leathers armour set to crafting list
- Leather armour now needs leather to make it with, new leathermaking bench added.
- New storage box models
- New storage boxes for chainmail, leather, armour plates, wheat, water, hemp
- Tweaked the "Cannibal hunters" start, it was designed as a quickstart for players at Rezzed, so it's a little less easy now. Still too easy though.
- Fixed the crossbow upgrades not taking effect
- Fixed a memory leak and some bugs in the NPC squad spawning
- Fixed the cannibals being non-aggressive at home
- Fixed hair texture on head sometimes not showing
- Fixed the dark red inventory icons
"This level of thoughtfulness and ambition is why I learned to love the PC in the first place and I’ll be damned before I put on my cynical hat before I have good reason."
– Rock Paper Shotgun
About the Game
A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on. Research new equipment and craft new gear. Purchase and upgrade your own buildings to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad, or use them to start up a business. Aid or oppose the various factions in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert. Train your men up from puny victims to master warriors. Carry your wounded squad mates to safety and get them all home alive.
Freeform gameplay in a seamless game world stretching over 400 square kilometers. The game will never seek to limit you or restrict your personal play style.
Custom design as many characters as you want and build up a whole squad to fight for you.
Original take on the RTS-RPG hybrid genre. No "hero" characters with artificially stronger stats than everybody else- Every character and NPC you meet is potentially an equal, and has a name, a life.
Build a base where you can research new technologies, upgrade your defences and craft new gear.
You are not the chosen one. You're not great and powerful. You don't have more 'hitpoints' than everyone else. You are not the center of the universe, and you are not special. Unless you work for it.
Variation and possibilities of gameplay. Be good, be evil, be a business man, be a thief, live in a town, live in the desert, join the army, fight the army, travel alone, travel in hordes, build a fortress, raze a city.
Purchase and upgrade your own buildings to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad, or use them to start up a business.
Carry your wounded squad mates to safety and get them all home alive.
Dynamic, ever changing world. Support or hinder whoever you wish, or keep to yourself, the world won't stop moving. This is not just a "game", you are living and surviving in a simulated world.
Absolutely no Level-scaling. The world does not level up along with you, and the shops don't change their inventory to only items matching your level. At the start of the game almost everyone will be stronger than you, and survival will always be a struggle.
Realistic medical system that affects gameplay. A character with a wounded leg will limp or crawl and slow the party down, wounded arms means you must use your sword one-handed or not at all. Lose an eye and it will affect your field of vision. Blood loss means you can pass out, and the blood will attract predators. Exhaustion affects performance and is increased by equipment weight, weather, blood loss and thirst. Severed limbs will need expensive robotic replacements.
Intelligent AI that allows for characters to reason and work towards long-term goals and desires. Squads work together and carry their wounded to safety. Characters can be setup to take care of micromanagement for you.
Aid or oppose the various factions in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert.
Independently developed with no design influences, or alterations dictated by men in gray suits who have never played a game before in their lives.
Original game world. There are no fantasy-knock-off cliches. No magic.
Realistic physics simulation. PhysX Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. © 2002-2011 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
- Memory:2 GB RAM
- Graphics:Pixel shader 3.0 capable card
- Hard Drive:1500 MB HD space
- OS:Windows 7
- Memory:4 GB RAM
- Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
PhysX Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. © 2002-2011 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
There are no public reviews for this product yet
You can write your own review for this product to share your experience with the community. Use the area above the purchase buttons on this page to write your review.