This game isn't nowhere near as bad as what many are saying.
I was fortunate enough to play the original arcade game in the early 90's so I was happy to hear of a similar game to that finally being released.
- The game sticks to it's original roots in many respects
- I'm still coming back to the game several months down the line, unlike many other titles in my games library
- Great combat system
- Game could've been a bit longer - only a few hours to complete
- Camera angles can be a bit frustrating at times
- Game seemed to get progressively easier the further I got through it, or perhaps I just got better at it?
- Limited selection of options for graphics, resolutions etc. Unreal Engine looking a bit dated.
It had a lot of potential, which I feel was wasted in favour of keeping it firmly stuck to it's arcade roots.
I'd of liked to have seen a game with a more varied element of gameplay, for instance... missions requiring more sneaking / hiding in the shadows etc - making the game a bit more tactical. At the start of the game there were small introductions of this type of gameplay but it never really progressed beyond just sneaking up behind an enemy and knocking him out with a single hit. I would've liked to have seen gameplay elements from titles such as Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid combined with the original Arcade style gameplay. Perhaps even implementing the type of gameplay you see in Tomb Raider games, so there's a bit more thought going into playing it rather than just mindlessly beating up everything that comes at you.
I think games have moved on a long way from those titles such as Double Dragon, Golden Axe, TMNT Arcade etc - and I'm sure a lot of people would've liked a game that still gave the original lovers of the TMNT Arcade game a nostalgic feeling whilst still offering something completely new to the experience.
I give this game 6.5 out of 10
I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the original Arcade game or if you've got kids and one or two wired XBOX 360 controllers laying around.
Posted: January 24th, 2014