Do missions, shoot space nazis for scrap which you can sell to upgrade your ship to better shoot space nazis
+ Love the modern spaceship design - these things look like real spaceships instead of the organic hippie crap typical of sci-fi
+ Game is casual and forgiving - it is arcadey and ships fly like airplanes, but its relaxing to play like COD campaign, ie. you don't need to be 100% to enjoy it. Its pretty easy to learn and ship controls aren't overly complicated
+ The graphics are good - the spaceships look pretty and overall gives the feel of a professional title
+ Who doesn't like humor - like the film, the game is satirical and funny, although don't expect the same quality of acting as the film
- Mouse control is bad - it lacks the fluidity of games like freelancer and war thunder, so you won't get the same precision from the controls as you do from freelancer - maneuvering and aiming can be frustrating on occasion. Play the demo to see if you can cope with that.
- Lacks strafing and drifting - this along with the clunky mouse controls kinda makes me think that this aspect of gameplay was perhaps an afterthought.
- Not very challenging. What the game lacks in difficulty it makes up for in bad controls
- The briefing videos are awkward and slow in which your character and whoever is briefing you seem to not be communicating in the same time frame - conversations like the ship designs are unorganic, and there's always that extra 2 seconds after each transmission in which the actor just stares at the camera waiting for someone to yell cut. Obviously whoever was in charge of editing the videos did not bother to cut out that bit
- The game doesn't save after docking to a space station, it only saves every time you warp into a location.
- No adjustable performance settings - not a big deal if you have an average rig but there is no way to perhaps lower the graphics in order to play the game on your haswell tablet - ironic considering this game is also a mobile game
- No first person view - again not a big deal but lacking first person makes targeting a bit difficult
Overall however the faults are mostly ignorable, and you can enjoy the game for its humorous missions, unique ship designs and arcadey experience, that is of course if you catch it on sale.