STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more
Alpha 47B of Clockwork Empires has now been uploaded to Steam. Most notably, it features an entire rewrite of the building and module placer. Some things are known to be broken; some things will get ironed out as fast as we can, but we decided it was a good place to get some feedback. Consequently, this build puts the Experimental back in Experimental.
I have a feeling we will regret releasing alpha 47B on Friday afternoon on a long weekend. But what the heck.
Building & module placement system has been completely rewritten. Disclaimer:
"flatten terrain" has been temporarily deactivated
various cosmetic issues are known, ie. doors not punching holes and things being generally ugly.
There are some other known bugs with zones and things moving outside of the window.
Added Chapel doctrines that have different effects on your colonists
Bandits & related events have been overhauled
Full Changelog for Alpha 47B
performed complete rewrite of module and building placer
added chapel doctrines, along with accompanying UI. Players may now choose a chapel doctrine in the building's interface, which will influence what effect their vicars' sermons have.
re-enabled module animations and particle effects on a number of modules.
performed refactoring of Bandit events to fit revised faction code; you will notice that some events have slightly different options
added "Bandits Visit Town" event
added "Ministry Investigates Stolen Goods" event
added "Bandit Ties Investigated" event
added "Bandits Guard Town" foreign office missions & hook to foreign invasion event
trade missions now spawn with guards
rubbish left lying around may now spawn vermin
fixed up faction descriptions on Foreign Office buttons
removed old references to "Seminary Training"; it is generally replaced with "Spiritually Inclined" trait.
added first set of metallurgy/mining techs
re-enabled pickup_animation for modules. This may cause some visual oddness until a related bug is fixed.
all remaining jobs that allowed a worker to leave while they were in progress (i.e. smelting) have been changed to require worker presence.
added an event that recommends a player build a barracks if they haven't done so by day 4
added "?" box tutorials for the following windows: Foreign Office, Chapel, Laboratory, Mine, Trade Office.
FIXED: stained glass windows were not being built
FIXED: Iron scraps are now able to be smelted into bars like ore
FIXED: costs for a number of modules with incorrect costs
FIXED: various typos
FIXED: zones are designated per-vertex and not per-tile
FIXED: module placement crash when SHIFT-clicking multiple modules or placing modules rapidly and in succession
FIXED: various issues with snapping modules not working correctly at all
FIXED: extruded blueprint for an exterior model extends one unit behind the actual module (or more, depending on the interior height)
FIXED: ghost chalkboard is not longer valid too for performing research
FIXED: Iron Smelting Crucible consumed one too few bricks
FIXED: people no longer stick their heads into ovens/workbenches when dropping off materials. Usually.
FIXED: colonists will drop goods when retreating (fixes possible instances of objects attached to hands)
FIXED 47A: fishperson steak ownership incorrectly assigned
FIXED: civilians weren't correctly dropping firearms
FIXED: scripterror when attempting to do Foreign Office action on Bandits when none are on map
TEST: locked cabbage at start
Enjoy your weekend,
-- Gaslamp Games
Alpha 47A of Clockwork Empires has now been posted to the Experimental Branch on Steam.
We've added a first verison of the new Laboratory system! Build a lab, and scientists will use chalkboards to research new science – well, it's exclusively agricultural science at this point. But we'll be adding more, as you can see by the additional unimplemented fields of study in the laboratory's UI.
- added new Laboratory system
- Opium Poppy, Bamboo, and Coconut Palm are now locked by research at start of game
- added some generic agricultural labour upgrade technologies
- added grass, shrubbery, and flower planting for gardening enthusiasts
- added boxed module recipes for the following: Chemistry Workbench, Fancy Bookshelf, Hanging pots, Stone Altar, Large Stone Altar, Wood Altar
- added progress bar to Do Diplomatic Paperwork
- updated the following tutorials to match current art/gameplay: Cooking, Job Filters, Staying Alive, Using Military
- updated costs for constructing ceramics and chemistry workbenches
- tables are now "Table and Chair Sets". You can't sit in them right now. This will be Improved.
- Trade goods and forbidden items now have bright red/green outlines as well as their standard tinting.
- NCOs of higher skill will now train militia footsoldiers significantly faster
- balance: adjusted utility of burial so it (hopefully) doesn't conflict w/ farming duties
- balance: increased baseline training time of militia to redcoats to encourage use of skilled NCOs
- balance: assigning a soldier away from their barracks will reset their training points to zero; if you want trained soldiers, you must maintain a standing army
- FIXED: Fishperson Steak and Long Pork are no longer cooked by the Basic Food recipe
- FIXED: glass panes no longer built instantly
- FIXED (probably): possible infinite loops when studying fishpeople/obeliskians
- FIXED: forageables would rotate slightly when a job to interact with them was cancelled in a certain way
- FIXED: Fishpeople envoys will never show up before first contact
- FIXED: starting loadout airdrop crates will no longer land on each others' goods and possibly causing explosions, fire, and death
- FIXED: triggering frontier justice via ministry investigation events will now correctly place frontier justice icons on target
- FIXED: when soldiers are ordered to beat someone, they won't be frontier justiced due to hurting another colonist
- FIXED: when colonists talk while holding very large items, they'll no longer swing them around crazily while gesticulating
- FIXED: redcoats assigned away from a barracks can now be re-trained
- FIXED: relations with various factions would be totally reset by incidental events that should have modified relations slightly
- FIXED: possible infinite loop in foreign_office.go
We're Blinding You with Science!,
-- Gaslamp Games
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.