Despite the bad support from the game company, this game really deserves a chance.
1) The turn-based combat is not as dull as it sounds: several challenges make it more exciting and more rewarding if you complete them.
2) The crafting system cannot be easily ruled by bots because of several reasons. Also, all crafting professions are useful. You can be just a gatherer and sell your services via the forum and people WILL buy it.
3) You are part of the ecosystem. You have the power to decrease or increase the number of monsters, plants, crops and trees in a certain area. You can earn citizen points by replenishing them or decreasing them because they are overpopulated.
4) Political system. Players can become kings of the nation and choose their ministers. If they aren't doing well during their mandate, they won't be re-elected.
5) Haven bags! They are your very own living space. You can sell stuff via your haven bag, grow your garden, pimp it up with various trophies and invite others there.
6) Beautiful graphics and a deep background story. I know graphics isn't much for lots of people but the story is really worth to know. There is a series of Wakfu with two seasons and several OVAs and even though it was meant to be for children, it is really enjoyable for teen and adult audiences too.
I cannot list all the things I like in this game, so please try it out and form your own opinion. :)