Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Preview Windows release includes:
AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Additional resolution support: Users can now choose from a larger set of resolutions when running AMD Eyefinity
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations will occur automatically when physically plugging/un-plugging displays
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
- Profile Manager improvements: Increased support for Display Groups (including 5x1) and Extended configurations within the Profile Manager
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.2 Preview software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- Call of Duty IV no longer displays random corruption when in DirectX 9 more and the Edge Detect filter is enabled.
- A black screen is no longer occasionally displayed when running Portal 2 in 3D mode.
- All 3d Anti Aliasing settings are now correctly listed in the Vision Control Center.
- Morphological filtering settings are now correctly listed in the Vision Control Center.
- Civilization V no longer experiences random crashes when run in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 mode.
- Enabling the Edge Detect filter in Resident Evil 5 or Just Cause 2 no longer generates a random application crash.
- Battlefield 3 no longer hangs when MSAA is enabled.
- Saints Row III no longer experiences random hangs.
- Rage no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.
- Dragon Age 2 textures no longer flicker when run in DirectX 9 mode in Crossfire configurations with vsynch enabled.
- Crysis Warhead and Battlefield Bad Company 2 no longer experience random crashes when Crossfire is enabled.
- Texture flickering is no longer experienced when playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 in DirectX 11 mode.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Vsync may be disabled after task switching when playing Rage.
- Skipping in game cinematics while playing Dragon Age 2 in DirectX 11 mode may cause stuttering.
- Dirt 3 may experience flickering with Crossfire enabled and run in 3D stereo mode.
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 may experience random flickering when run in DirectX 11 mode.
Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
- Windows Aero options may be missing after installing the latest driver.